I'm trying to configure a NRF905 transceiver

• Thread starter royzizzle
  • Start date
In summary, A student in an EE program is helping a professor with research to connect a NRF905 transceiver and a 10bit ADC wirelessly through SPI format. They are asking for guidance on how to get started without going directly to the professor. The transceiver and ADC datasheets are provided for reference. The student does not plan on designing and building a PCB for this project.
royzizzle
Hi:

Im currently in my last year in a EE program and I am helping a professor with research

My task is connecting a NRF905 transceiver with a 10bit ADC and relaying this information wirelessly. The transceiver will receive the information from the ADC in SPI format.

Can someone give me some clues as to how to get started? I don't want to ask the professor yet directly.

here is the datasheet for the transceiver and the PIC:

transceiver: http://mobiledevices.kom.aau.dk/fileadmin/mobiledevices/opensensor/literature/NRF905_data_sheet.pdf

ADC(PIC18F23K20): http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41303G.pdf

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
royzizzle said:
My task is connecting ...[/url]

Will you be designing and building a PCB for this?

I don't think so. I just need the devices to work properly

What is a NRF905 transceiver?

A NRF905 transceiver is a type of wireless communication device that uses radio frequency signals to transmit and receive data between devices. It is commonly used in remote control systems, sensor networks, and other applications where low power consumption and long range communication are required.

How do I configure a NRF905 transceiver?

To configure a NRF905 transceiver, you will need to use a microcontroller or computer with the appropriate software and hardware. The exact steps may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer, but generally you will need to set the frequency, address, and other parameters to match with the other devices in your network.

What are the main features of a NRF905 transceiver?

The main features of a NRF905 transceiver include a frequency range of 433MHz to 928MHz, adjustable transmit power, low power consumption, and a maximum range of up to 1000 meters. It also has built-in error correction and can support multiple channels and addresses for communication with multiple devices.

What are the advantages of using a NRF905 transceiver?

Some of the advantages of using a NRF905 transceiver include its long range, low power consumption, and ability to support multiple channels and addresses. It is also relatively easy to configure and can be used in a variety of applications such as remote control, sensor networks, and data transmission between devices.

Are there any limitations to using a NRF905 transceiver?

Like any technology, there are some limitations to using a NRF905 transceiver. One limitation is its relatively low data transfer rate compared to other wireless communication devices. It also operates in the unlicensed ISM band, which means it may be subject to interference from other devices using the same frequency range. Additionally, the range and performance may be affected by environmental factors such as obstacles and interference.