Can Employer Discrimination Affect Your Career and Mental Health?

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: So after passing the test and interview I finally got the job. Wow! I had to compete with so many people.(well I even didn't try but anyway I passed the test) But now they asked me to quit the job since my cousin is also working there and that's against their silly rules.(be sure he didn't help me in getting the job)In summary, the employee was competing with many people for the job, but was passed over because of a cousin working for the company. They were then asked to resign because of the cousin. The employee is offended by the rule and is thinking of suicide. There is a government agency in the country that regulates business. This could be a reason why the company has a rule
Lisa!
Gold Member
[rant]So after passing the test and interview I finally got the job. Wow! I had to compete with so many people.(well I even didn't try but anyway I passed the test) But now they asked me to quit the job since my cousin is also working there and that's against their silly rules.(be sure he didn't help me in getting the job)
They knew that from the 1st minute but they just pretend not to know that since I'd got the top score and as they admited later I was great at interview. They just had to bring that silly relationship in attention since 1 of the fellow workers've found that we are relative.
I really don't like the job and decided to resign so many times but I just didn't do that since I had to wait for 1 more year.(I have to pass an enterance if I want to continue my education but the test will be held in winter) Oh I just don't know whether to be happy or sad!:cry: :rofl: These days they are very busy at work and somehow I really don't want to be there but hey I also don't like being unemployed!:rolleyes:
That was a shock anyway. I'm really worried about my future!
I'm feeling like I always have to quit where I get used to. I mean just the moment I finally learn to cope with my new situation, I have to quit where I am or I lose what I have![/rant]

I'm seriously thinking of death!:tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you report directly to your cousin? If not, there souldn't be an issue. In the US, there is no restriction on relatives working for the same company, it is frowned upon for one to report to another though.

Is there a government agency in your country that regulates business? What your employer is trying to do may be illegal.

This silly rule is 1 ofthe self-made rules of this company. And you know that was the part of their contract we agreed with at 1st! Of course when I signed that I didn't know they mean any knid of relatives.

1. What is a unicorn?

A unicorn is a mythical creature that is typically depicted as a horse with a single horn on its forehead. It is often associated with purity, magic, and fantasy.

2. Are unicorns real?

No, unicorns are not real. They are a fictional creature that originated in ancient myths and legends.

3. What inspired the idea of unicorns?

The idea of unicorns has been around for thousands of years and has been influenced by various cultures and folklore. Some theories suggest that the ancient Greeks and Romans were inspired by the single-horned rhinoceros, while others believe that the idea of unicorns originated in the Indus Valley Civilization.

4. Can unicorns fly?

In most depictions, unicorns are shown as being able to fly. However, this ability is not a universal characteristic of unicorns and may vary depending on the mythology or story.

5. What does the unicorn symbolize?

The symbolism of unicorns has evolved over time and varies among different cultures. Generally, unicorns represent purity, innocence, and magic. They are also often associated with strength, courage, and healing.