Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Imaging mathematics fundamentals

1. May 27, 2008 #1
    Hello. I can't understand some things in these two files attached with this thread.
    Firstly,in file "image 1",i don't know about the method of least sequares mentioned in equation 47.

Secondly, in file "image 2",from where the equation 52 comes and how do we get the next equation 53.

I want to discuss about these two pages if there's anyone already knows about this field or has special experience with it.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2008 #2
    This is linear stochastic inverse problem theory. Here is a great MIT graduate video lecture that explains it pretty well (lecture 4). The geometric perspective he explains at around 17 mins in really helped my intuition about it.

If you want to really understand inverse problem theory, I recommend you Tarantola's book (you can download the pdf from the authors site):

"Liebelt, P. B., 1967, An introduction to optimal estimation" is also alright (this one is much more of an engineering perspective)
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  4. Jun 2, 2008 #3
    This is really amazing. Thanks.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?