In optics what do Tp and Ts stand for and what are they?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter btb4198
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Optic Optics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 3K views
btb4198
Messages
570
Reaction score
10
In optics what do Tp and Ts stand for and what are they?

I believe Tp is the highest amount of light transmitted and Ts is the Lowest amount of light transmitted though a material.
but I cannot find that much information on these terms.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You'll need to tell us more about the context for a good answer. But I thought of reflection/transmission coefficients because of the subscripts. If so, it's about the polarization components of the wave w.r.t. the surface orientation.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vanhees71 and Ibix
DaveE said:
You'll need to tell us more about the context for a good answer. But I thought of reflection/transmission coefficients because of the subscripts. If so, it's about the polarization components of the wave w.r.t. the surface orientation.
yes that is what I was talking about