Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Incontrovertible evidence for the existence of God

1. Dec 7, 2003 #1

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Disclaimer I: The human mind is not well suited for perceiving such complete and utter perfection. Upon viewing this video, you may collapse in tears of dumbstruck awe and terrible joy. You may hyperventilate from the shock and never fully recover. You may even spontaneously combust.

Disclaimer II: If you have never played Super Mario Bros. 3, well, your loss.

Jesus!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2003 #2
    ok.. I see the guy who made super mario 3 wants some attention again;)

4. Dec 7, 2003 #3

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So wait-- you're saying God made Super Mario 3? No wonder it was so much fun.

5. Dec 7, 2003 #4

Eh

Notice how in level 8 he's actually showing off. He could have beaten it faster, but he just had to get all those 1-UPS.

6. Dec 7, 2003 #5

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, that's the thing-- he couldn't have done it any faster, since those levels move at a predetermined speed. So he had to do something with all that predetermined time-- instead of doing nothing, though, he decided to go get 99+ 1-ups to keep himself occupied. Without getting hit once.

7. Dec 7, 2003 #6
    Amazing!

Bet i could beat him at Super Mario Kart!

8. Dec 7, 2003 #7
    ya that was awesome. I played that all the time when I was a kid. I could hit some of the jumps like that, but not all of them. no way.

true skill or playing until induced into a catatonic state where every move is simply a reflexive instict? Who knows..

9. Dec 7, 2003 #8

Eh

Ah well. In theory I bet I could do that. Do you remember the Game Genie?

10. Dec 7, 2003 #9
    Ya I remember game genie, but it didn't look like he was cheating. I didn't see him actually hit anything and not die, or walk on air. He hit every jump just right and didn't miss any goombas.

11. Dec 7, 2003 #10

Eh

He wasn't cheating. I would though.

12. Dec 7, 2003 #11
    that was pretty wicked cool.... we played super mario when i was kid too... though i don't thin i ever made it to the end... i don't think we had much memory on our nintendo.. so we never could save... i've played those first levels sooo many times though... i probably could fly through them like that guy... none of the latter though... and i didn't even know you could get extra guys that way.

13. Dec 7, 2003 #12

Eh

You don't remember spending hours as a kid trying to get the same stupid trick with the koopas to work in the original Super Mario Bros? Fun times.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?