Increase Resistance on Air Exhaust Solenoid Circuit - YKon

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1stchiefsfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Resistance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
1stchiefsfan
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am working on air ride system on my Yukon. the computer trouble code says the air exhaust solenoid is bad. I bench tested it and it works fine. I think the problem is the resistance. the resistance is suppost to be between 18 and 45 ohms. it reads right on 18. I think the computer is reading that as bad. what can I do to increase the resistance on this solenoid circuit??

Any input will be appreciated.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
You can increase the DC resistance by adding a resistor in series.
For such a low resistance - a length of wire may do the trick.
 
It may be that the solenoid is on the way out with internally shorted turns.
Add a couple of ohms resistance. If that fixes the fault detection then replace the solenoid with a good one.
Deviation from a manufacturers standard circuit does not usually engender reliability.