Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Independent Research Project Need Help

1. Oct 18, 2008 #1
    I am in a senior level scientific measurements using digital interfacing class, which is basically like a smash-up of digital circuits lab, intro to DAQ and DAC/ADC, and senior project. Now, part of this class, only 10%, is a independent "research" project. I put this in quotes because we only have half a semester to do this project.

I don't know if anyone else has had any project like this, but I am having a really hard time finding a medium between too hard and too easy. I don't want this class to eat up all my time, but I want to do something interesting and challenging.

The project needs to be a physical circuit that implements a theory or idea and is somewhat digital.

My interests are:

Bandpass Filters and Applications
    Random Signals
    Kalman Filters

Can anyone help me to come up with a good idea of what to do please.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2008 #2
    How about simulating the operation of a pulse-doppler radar and using those interests of yours to get results? Or is that too complicated/specific?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?