Inflammation & Nervous System

• Medical
  • Thread starter fanieh
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
Yes, there is a connection between the nervous system and inflammation, it is well-documented. What kind of inflammation are you referring to, though? There are many kinds of inflammatory disorders and responses. The paper you referenced is about using Cholinergic agonists to treat a specific type of inflammation, sepsis. It isn't recommending a general treatment for just any kind of inflammation. Can you be more specific about the condition you are wondering about?

Yes, there is a connection between the nervous system and inflammation, it is well-documented. What kind of inflammation are you referring to, though? There are many kinds of inflammatory disorders and responses. The paper you referenced is about using Cholinergic agonists to treat a specific type of inflammation, sepsis. It isn't recommending a general treatment for just any kind of inflammation. Can you be more specific about the condition you are wondering about?

i jus need more information about it. Any paper or book that summarizes all the basic of it all?

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
i jus need more information about it. Any paper or book that summarizes all the basic of it all?

What is 'it'? What kind of inflammation?

What is 'it'? What kind of inflammation?

Any. i just want to know all the connection between inflammation and nervous system. i dont hav any inflammation. jus asking

BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2020 Award
You are asking a very board question.
You might want try looking in something like an Annual Review of Pharmacology or Neuroscience or Physiology or Immunology for the past few years. You are likely to find a more recent review article than your reference (13 years old).
Alternatively text books.

Likes Fervent Freyja
So there is not even a basic primer or introductory text or references on the relationship of inflammation and the nervous system?

If you really want example of inflammation. Then just any wound healing or let's say upper respiratory infection.

Fervent Freyja
Gold Member
Then, search, 'immune responses, including inflammation, in the nervous system during a URI'.

Then, search, 'immune responses, including inflammation, in the nervous system during a URI'.

I'm referring to the opposite. For example there is immune responses.. then manipulating something in the nervous system can control it. For example, during allergy when mast cells are being released all over the body. Manipulation of the nervous system like reflexology can tame it enough for say travel time to emergency rooms. This is just an example. Or let's the case of just sore feet with a bit of inflammation. Then perhaps some manipulation of nervous system can tame it? What is the list of accepted modalities.