Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insert image test

1. May 21, 2014 #1
    dBOsuaUCFAAA&bo=jwOAAgAAAAADACs!&rf=0-21.png

2. jcsd
  3. May 22, 2014 #2
    dear all, why can not inert images ?

4. May 22, 2014 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I think it is because the link does not have a file extension on the end that indicates an image: .jpg or .png or .gif or similar. The link does display an image when I paste it into the address bar of my browser, so this problem is caused by the forum software.

5. May 22, 2014 #4
    thanks. So how should I do if I want to post images ?

6. May 22, 2014 #5

adjacent

Gold Member

That's a weird link. You should paste a link with a file extension at the end. Like: www.example.com/file.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  7. May 22, 2014 #6

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Try this: First, attach your image to your post (I've attached this one as a file below). It should appear in a block titled "Attached Thumbnails".

Next, "Preview" your post. You may need to add a few words to see the preview. You should see the Attached Thumbnails at the bottom of your post.

Once you have the Preview open, open the attached file in a separate window. Then, copy the web address of this separate window with your picture and insert it into your post using the "Insert Image" button. Click on the Insert Image button and paste the web address into the window that pops up. This post is an example of that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=69966&d=1400757846.png

Attached Files:

• psb.png
      psb.png
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
  8. May 22, 2014 #7

Borek

Staff: Mentor

You don't have to go to preview, once you upload the file it is on the list in the upload window, and you can get the link from there (using right click and copy link address command, or whatever equivalent it has in your browser).

Still the same idea, just less operations.

9. May 22, 2014 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

A consideration must also be made on the SIZE of the image. Too big, and it will mess up the PF page formatting, as illustrated already.

A safe size is a width of around 800 pixels.

Zz.

10. May 22, 2014 #9
    very clever idea ! Thank you, all friends !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook