1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Installing Java Editors J2K/J2SDK?

1. Feb 23, 2004 #1
    Umm...I've tried two java editors on my computer and I'm getting the same installation "error" (not really an error, but whatever). I tried Sun's SunOne Studio and it asked me for the "J2SDK home"...saying that I didn't have one and I needed one in order to solve the files. Likewise, when I attempted to install BLueJ it said a "...JDK/J2SDK must be installed to run BlueJ..."

How do I install this thing?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

4. Feb 24, 2004 #3
    yep, Eclipse rulz. and is faster than SunOne....

5. Feb 24, 2004 #4
    I downloaded it. It seems better. I'm not that familiar with java in general yet. When I use java in the computer lab they have use SunOne and I've been using 'empty classes' so far...how do I make those in Eclipse?

I'm assuming the: J2EE(TM) SDK 1.4 Developer Release

If so...once I download this, what 'Installation Directory" do I put it in? The default one already in the textbox is C:\Sun\AppServer...is this right?

6. Feb 24, 2004 #5

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

whatever the default is fine.

7. Feb 24, 2004 #6
    ARG. Me =

Where do I put the Version 7.x Installation Directory?

8. Feb 24, 2004 #7
    Thanks a lot. I finally got them all to work.

9. Feb 25, 2004 #8
    hey, any friend of Java is a friend of mine

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?