Integral of (sin (x))^1/2)(cos^3(x)) dx

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeann25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dx Integral
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Jeann25
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Not really sure where to begin on this integral. Hope this reads alright on here.

Integral of (sin (x))^1/2)(cos^3(x)) dx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]\int {\sqrt{sin(x)}} cos(x)^3 dx[/tex]

Convert this into

[tex]\int {\sqrt{sin(x)}}cos^2(x)cos(x)[/tex].

From your identities in trignometry

[tex]cos^2(x) = 1 - sin^2(x)[/tex].

This will leave you with all sine terms and one cosine term once you rewrite cosine squared. Do you see what to do from here?
 
Last edited:
That was very helpful, thank you. Could I also get help with this one pls? :) I just seem to have a hard time figuring out where to start on these.

The integral of (sin(ln x))/x dx
 
Jeann25 said:
That was very helpful, thank you. Could I also get help with this one pls? :) I just seem to have a hard time figuring out where to start on these.

The integral of (sin(ln x))/x dx

Use a substitution letting u = ln x.