Integral Test: What should I compare this series with to prove it's convergence?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
theBEAST
Messages
361
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Here is the problem:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64325990/HW%20Pictures/integraltest.PNG

The Attempt at a Solution


I know it is convergent because it is very similar to 1/n^1.5 which is convergent as well. However what would I compare this with using the Integral Test to prove that it is convergent?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
theBEAST said:

Homework Statement


Here is the problem:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64325990/HW%20Pictures/integraltest.PNG

The Attempt at a Solution


I know it is convergent because it is very similar to 1/n^1.5 which is convergent as well. However what would I compare this with using the Integral Test to prove that it is convergent?

Compare it with [itex]\frac{\sqrt{2n+2n}}{n^2}[/itex]. Then it's even more similar to 1/n^(1.5).
 
Last edited by a moderator: