Interesting new take on gravitation?

In summary, this new take on gravitation proposes that gravity is a result of the curvature of spacetime caused by the presence of mass and energy, rather than a force between massive objects. The theory is supported by various experiments and observations, such as the bending of light and the detection of gravitational waves. It can accurately explain the behavior of objects in our solar system, potentially leading to advancements in technologies like spacecraft propulsion and navigation. If proven true, this theory would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and its origins, providing a deeper understanding of the fundamental forces of nature.
shalayka
Very interesting...

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2008/01/16/funny-pictures-i-sees-it-i-grabs-it/"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't get it. Should this really be in the Relativity forum??

Aw so cute!

Cristo, it's a play on words -- gravity being changed to "grabbity".

You can put this wherever, or delete it. Just wanted to share the laugh that I got from it.

cristo said:
I don't get it. Should this really be in the Relativity forum??
Don't be a grinch! It's CUTE!

1. How does this new take on gravitation differ from traditional theories?

This new take on gravitation proposes a completely different understanding of how gravity works. It suggests that gravity is not a force between massive objects, but rather a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the presence of mass and energy.

2. What evidence supports this new theory of gravitation?

There is growing evidence from various experiments and observations, such as the bending of light around massive objects and the gravitational waves detected from merging black holes, that support the idea that gravity is a curvature of spacetime rather than a force between masses.

3. How does this new theory explain the behavior of objects in our solar system?

This new theory can accurately explain the motion of objects in our solar system, just like traditional theories of gravitation. However, it does so by describing how these objects move along the curved spacetime created by the Sun and other massive bodies, rather than being pulled by a force.

4. How could this new understanding of gravitation impact our current technologies?

If this new theory is proven to be true, it could potentially lead to a better understanding of gravity and its effects on space and time. This could open up new possibilities for technologies, such as advanced spacecraft propulsion systems and improved navigation systems.

5. What are some potential implications of this new theory for our understanding of the universe?

If this new theory is correct, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and its origins. It would also provide a more complete understanding of the fundamental forces of nature and how they shape the cosmos.