Is Your Internet Usage Normal? Take the Test to Find Out!

In summary, the online addiction test has 120 possible answers, and you can get a score that isn't even on the rating chart (0-19). You can manage to get a score that isn't even on the rating chart (0-19) by checking all but one box and still get a score of 19. However, the big one is that you can only fail a little bit or you can fail a lot. There is no succeed option.
_Mayday_
Just taken an online test for this, and although you may question it's accuracy it's just a bit of fun!

http://www.netaddiction.com/resources/internet_addiction_test.htm"

I got 35, which is 'normal' :approve:

_Mayday_

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
32, normal. I hope getting a high score isn't too common

Hah hah. Funny test.

a] You can check all 120 boxes.
b] You can manage to get a score that isn't even on the rating chart (0-19).
c] You can do both a] AND b] by checking all but one box and still getting a score of 19.

But the big one:
What kind of test has only one outcome - failure? You can fail only a little bit or you can fail a lot. There is no succeed option.

Last edited:
36, seems like there's nothing wrong with me after all.

Wow, only a 30, and it tells me I'm normal. There MUST be something wrong with the test. :biggrin:

Hmm... it's pretty bad when we're all considered normal...

err.. I got 70!

Hmm 42. I don't feel that's accurate because some of the wording is vague. One of the questions read something like "do you ever try to cut back on your usage but find yourself unable to do so?" I spend too much time probably, but I never have tried to cut back, so I was forced to mark "rarely" when in fact that question worded slightly differently would have made me respond differently.

Why does the title now have goog after it?

_Mayday_ said:
Why does the title now have goog after it?

I have no idea! I've changed it back.

36. That's just wrong.

Theres no "never" choice. So apparently I do everything on that list "rarely". Fun test either way, better than working : ?/

74!:blushing:
I think it's not such a big deal since quiting is pretty simple for me!

Lisa! said:
74!:blushing:
I think it's not such a big deal since quiting is pretty simple for me!

Yeah me too. Why I quit twice today already...

DaveC426913 said:
Yeah me too. Why I quit twice today already...

Yes, we can!:approve:

ahhhh I scored a 64! :cry:

phew atleast I am online now, feeling better already :rofl:

Well...

jhicks said:
Hmm 42. I don't feel that's accurate because some of the wording is vague. One of the questions read something like "do you ever try to cut back on your usage but find yourself unable to do so?" I spend too much time probably, but I never have tried to cut back, so I was forced to mark "rarely" when in fact that question worded slightly differently would have made me respond differently.

Those were the ones I responsed "Does not apply" or whatever that option was.

92. Oh yeah!

Wew! I beat all of you guys: 100! yeah!lol jkjk, I got 24. hah

I got a 45. Wow, you people with scores in the 70s...Whatcha been doin' on there? Do Wacka wacka

1. What is considered "normal" internet usage?

Normal internet usage varies depending on the individual and their needs. However, on average, 3-4 hours of internet usage per day is considered normal.

2. How can I take the test to find out my internet usage?

The test can be found online or on certain internet browsers. It typically involves tracking your internet usage for a certain period of time and comparing it to average usage statistics.

3. Is excessive internet usage harmful?

Excessive internet usage can have negative impacts on mental and physical health, such as increased risk of anxiety and sedentary behavior. It is important to establish a healthy balance and limit screen time.

4. Are there any warning signs of excessive internet usage?

Some warning signs of excessive internet usage include neglecting daily responsibilities, difficulty cutting back on internet usage, and using the internet to cope with negative emotions.

5. Can internet usage be addictive?

Yes, excessive internet usage can be addictive for some individuals. It is important to be aware of one's usage habits and seek help if necessary to establish a healthier relationship with the internet.