Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interpretation for voltage and flux linkage

1. Jun 6, 2014 #1
    The interpretation for charge and current through of a circuit is known... "the current is the motion of the charges, electrons, that is repulsed by negative pole and attracted by positive pole through of a conducting wire...". Ok... But what is the explanation for flux linkage and voltage through of a electrical circuit?

Understanding the physical behavior of the charge and current is more intuitive comprehend the their behavior through of a electrical circuit, like the why of when the circuit is bifurcated the current is divided in two and prefer the path that offers minor resistance... But I haven't this intuitive notion wrt voltage and flux linkage, I don't know why they behaves of a way or of another... (for example, I don't know why when the circuit is bifurcated the voltage isn't divided in two, is the same for both path).

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2014 #2

Philip Wood

Gold Member

I think that most teachers of Physics would agree that it's better to master the idea of voltage, and the distinction between potential difference and emf (both measured in volt = joule per coulomb) before dealing with flux linkage.

Are you trying to master both voltage and flux linkage at the same time?

4. Jun 6, 2014 #3
    I know what is voltage and potential difference, emf I know so-so and about the flux linkage, I don't know what is. Also, I don't know what is "flux linkage" in my natural idiom, pt-br, and I don't know what "linkage" means in english too!!! :S

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook