1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Interpreting magnitude of HSPICE's FFT-output of mixed signals

1. Oct 5, 2008 #1
    I ran a time-domain simulation in HSPICE & I am trying to analyze the frequency content of the transient current draw...(FYI- I have the power systems "impedance vs. frequency" curve, and my aim is to determine the noise voltage on my power rail given its impedance now)

So I run FFT (current-waveform,t_start, t_stop, NP) using the in-built calculator...

Now how does one interpret the resulting spectral density curve?

Is the magnitude (on Y-axis) the real amplitude of current at that frequency i.e. can I just take that amplitude and multiply it by impedance Z at that frequency to calculate the noise voltage...??

I'd highly appreciate if some one can lend insight into this...thanks a bunch

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted