Interviewing for a summer internship in industry

In summary, the speaker has received an offer from BAE for a summer internship for 2008 and is also considering other companies like Lockheed Martin. They are unsure how to respond if asked about other offers and have also received another offer from BAE for a position in a different location. They are asking for advice on how to handle this situation.
user101
I have an offer from BAE for a summer internship for 2008. I am still looking at other companies, like Lockheed Martin. If they ask me if I have received other offers, what should I say? Should I say yes?

Also, I've gotten one position at BAE and another recruiter called me for a position located elsewhere in the US. Should I say I have the BAE offer from another location?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Yes, but I can't mention their names"
1, you are being honest.
2, shows your understanding of commercial confidentiality
3, interviewers like you to have other offers - it means someone else wants you and therefore they are correct in wanting you.

mgb_phys said:
"Yes, but I can't mention their names"
1, you are being honest.
2, shows your understanding of commercial confidentiality
3, interviewers like you to have other offers - it means someone else wants you and therefore they are correct in wanting you.

I agree 100%.

Ok cool, thanks mgb_phys and berkeman.

How about the second question? How should I respond to that? Same?

1. What is the purpose of interviewing for a summer internship in industry?

The purpose of interviewing for a summer internship in industry is to gain real-world experience in a specific field or industry. This can help students or recent graduates develop skills, expand their network, and make themselves more competitive in the job market.

2. How do I prepare for an interview for a summer internship in industry?

To prepare for an interview for a summer internship in industry, it is important to research the company and the specific internship position you are applying for. This includes understanding the company's mission, values, and products/services. Additionally, you should practice common interview questions and have examples prepared to demonstrate your skills and qualifications.

3. What should I wear to an interview for a summer internship in industry?

It is important to dress professionally for an interview for a summer internship in industry. This typically means wearing business attire, such as a suit or dress pants and a blazer. It is better to be overdressed than underdressed, so err on the side of caution when choosing your outfit.

4. What types of questions can I expect during an interview for a summer internship in industry?

The types of questions asked during an interview for a summer internship in industry will vary depending on the company and the position. However, some common questions may include asking about your relevant skills and experience, why you are interested in the internship, and your career goals. You may also be asked situational or behavioral questions to assess your problem-solving and critical thinking skills.

5. What should I do after the interview for a summer internship in industry?

After the interview for a summer internship in industry, it is important to follow up with a thank-you note or email to the interviewer. This is also a good opportunity to reiterate your interest in the position and highlight any key points you may have forgotten to mention during the interview. Be sure to also continue your job search and keep an open mind for other opportunities in case the internship does not work out.