1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro to Mathematical Proof

1. Mar 7, 2012 #1
    Hi, all

Going to take the Intro to mathematical proof class this coming quarter. It says the prerequisite is Cal III and linear algebra. I have taken those prereq years ago and forgot most of the materials. I don't know if the Intro to mathematical proof class has a lot of materials from those two prereq classes or not. Please advice.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2012 #2

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's pretty much impossible for us to judge. Your best bet is to email the instructor and ask them

4. Mar 7, 2012 #3
    My college has similar requirements, and I'm taking that class this semester. From what I understand, the Calculus requirements are not really content requirements; rather, they are "Mathematical Maturity" requirements. So I think you'll be okay even if you've forgotten most of Calculus or Linear Algebra.

Still, it's not a bad idea to email the professor and ask him/her yourself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook