1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introductory Differential Equations Textbook

1. Oct 6, 2014 #1
    Ok, for my differential equations class we are using a textbook called "An Introduction To Differential Equations and Their Applications" by Stanley Farlow. The book can be found here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Differential-Equations-Applications-Mathematics/dp/048644595X
    and I must say that I 100% agree with the assessment provided by Marty G in the first review. Therefore, I feel that it would be wise to obtain a second textbook in order to supplement the first one (or perhaps replace it all together) so that I can more fully understand the material. I was hoping someone could provide some recommendtions. Topics to be covered in the class include: First Order ODE, Second Order ODE, Series Solutions, The Laplace Transformation, and System of DiffEq. The focus is one applications. Thank you. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2014 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Oct 6, 2014 #3
    awesome, thank you so much! I'm ordering a copy now :)

5. Oct 6, 2014 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Oct 6, 2014 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted