Ipad M4 11" or Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra?

MidgetDwarf
TL;DR Summary
Hi,

I am looking to replace a surface pro 6 [initially purchased 2 months after it launched].

I am debating between an samsung Tab 9 Ultra or an Ipad pro 11 M4.
I would get a newer surface, but i was plagued with the surface pen stops to write randomly ,and I am not alone. Since this issue even occurs on pro 9 models.

I am debating between the Samsung Galaxy Tab 9 Ultra or Ipad m4 11 in [1tb].

Main use would be class notes, condenscing my notes from previous courses [undergrad/masters]. I have too many notebooks lying around, and its hard to keep track of which notebook has what.

I also do the occasional overleaf. I noticed online that people mention that overleaf is a bit buggy for ipad users, but no mention with Samsung users. Anyone have experience with overleaf using both?

I would also like to make youtube videos. Ie., math courses starting from basic arithmetic up to upper division mathematics. Not sure if the 1tb ipad m4 would be overkill for this.
Since it appears Apple limits what you can do with the ipad, and the power of the chip never is fully realized [what I read]

The size of the Tab 9 Ultra is very intriguing to me. Since its a lot larger than the 11in Ipad. But from reading, it appears the chip is a lot slower than even some previous gen ipads.

The ipad 11 in 1tb is abojt $1650 , and i would have to buy the pencil [$140], and later the keyboard $270. Which is a pretty crazy price for a tablet.

Whereas the Samsung, it comes with the free S pen, and 500gb model is one sale for about $1120 with tax right now.

Is samsung dex any good?

How is programming on either device?

Computer science news on Phys.org
MidgetDwarf said:
I also do the occasional overleaf. I noticed online that people mention that overleaf is a bit buggy for ipad users, but no mention with Samsung users. Anyone have experience with overleaf using both?
No, but many things are buggy if you use Safari. Overleaf should be OK in Chrome or Firefox although see https://www.overleaf.com/learn/how-...Pad,_Android_tablet,_or_other_mobile_devices?

MidgetDwarf said:
The ipad 11 in 1tb is abojt $1650 , and i would have to buy the pencil [$140], and later the keyboard $270. Which is a pretty crazy price for a tablet.
It is. You can buy a lot of replacement pens for a Surface for that.

MidgetDwarf said:
How is programming on either device?
(Almost) nonexistant. Like all tablets the OS is locked down so there is no way to execute code on either device. The only realistic option is to use your tablet as a thin client to an IDE (e.g. code-server) running on a proper computer.