Is a 4-year-old being suspended for hugging a teacher's aide inappropriately?

• Thread starter MeJennifer
  • Start date
In summary: I mean my hypothetical 4 year-old son, to even be in the same school as this pervert.In summary, a four year old was suspended from school for inappropriate physical behavior towards a teacher's aid. The incident occurred on November 10th and the school district administrators cited it as "sexual contact and/or sexual harassment." Some argue that the punishment is too harsh for a child of that age, while others believe that it is important for schools to teach children about appropriate behavior. The child's parents have shared their side of the story, but there may be more to the situation that is not publicly known. Ultimately, the incident has sparked a debate about the role of schools in teaching children about civility and appropriate behavior.
MeJennifer
A four year old was suspended from school after inappropriately touching a teacher's aid.

"A letter from La Vega school district administrators to the student's parents said that the boy was involved in "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment" after he hugged the woman and he "rubbed his face in the chest of (the) female employee" on Nov. 10."

Has the world gone mad or is it just in Waco?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4392235.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How can they claim he comitted an offense that he probably doesn't even understand?

Are they so incredibly stupid that they can't recognize when someone is being treated as a mother substitute? The ***** should have been honoured that he felt that comfortable with her.

Strange environment when the actions of a child can no longer be considered as innocent.

MeJennifer said:
Uhhh, errr... are you forgetting Kansas? :uhh:

He really should have known better! Four years is a veritable age. Imagine what those little tykes will get up to if we let this go unpunished.

The father should report the teaching aid for child abuse. If there was indeed any sort of "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact" then the adult is to blame and not the child, simply by default.

If he's in kindergarten, then he's almost five, and a five year old should know better. If this 'un didn't know better, then he needs to be taught. Remember that you are reading a short news story; thus, none of us know the full story. Is it possible that the teacher is not nuts? Is it possible that this kid actually did go beyond "innocent" rubbing of face in the woman's breasts? I've seen plenty of four year old lateley who desperately need some actual punishiment (at long last) for inappropriate behavior. It's actually the parents who need to be punished, IMO. Take a guess what many children are watching on cable TV before they are 5. [/RANT]

Chi Meson said:
If he's in kindergarten, then he's almost five, and a five year old should know better. If this 'un didn't know better, then he needs to be taught. Remember that you are reading a short news story; thus, none of us know the full story. Is it possible that the teacher is not nuts? Is it possible that this kid actually did go beyond "innocent" rubbing of face in the woman's breasts? I've seen plenty of four year old lateley who desperately need some actual punishiment (at long last) for inappropriate behavior. It's actually the parents who need to be punished, IMO. Take a guess what many children are watching on cable TV before they are 5. [/RANT]

Do you really think suspending a 4 year old is a punishment for that 4 year old?

Chi Meson said:
If he's in kindergarten, then he's almost five, and a five year old should know better. [/RANT]

I am very much in favour for harsh punishments for criminals but don't you think what you say there is a bit too harsh. Indeed, this is just a child and it's motivations are different. Besides, what happened to explaining and learning ?

marlon

How...how can anyone possibly take this seriously? What on Earth is wrong with people these days? Since when were four year olds capable of sexual harassment?

i just hope he isn't tryed as an adult :rofl:

SticksandStones said:
How...how can anyone possibly take this seriously? What on Earth is wrong with people these days? Since when were four year olds capable of sexual harassment?

Youth evolves. They can even be terrorists at that age, so go figure. We must be on our guards. I propose pre-emptive capital punishment.
:biggrin:

It would have been more appropriate to explain to the child that what he did was not appropriate and advise the parents that they need to make sure the message is backed by them.

I do remember an old boyfriend that had very definite sexual thoughts at the age of 4. He said he used to get away with watching his older sister's girfriends undress, they thought he was too young to understand. Oh, he understood.

Once the child does something like that there really is no options left, you have to put them down. :frown:

To return to this for a final time:

what we do not know is what lead up to the suspension. We don't and probably won't know if and or how many times the explanation was given to the child. All information about the history of the child is very secret. The only reason we know anything about this is due to the parents choosing. The parent will of corse choose to give one side to the story making it seem that the teacher, the principal, and probably the superintendant have all lost their minds. Having seen my share of events misrepresented to the public, I think that it is at least POSSIBLE that the child has acted out inappropriately in the past and has been warned.

The punishiment was an "in-school suspension." This was probably for a single day, if that. This is essentially the "Big time-out room." What do you think happens there? This is where the right people will be able to do the explaining so the kid can perhaps begin to understand why he can't behave in such a manner.

It annoys me greatly that the public is more and more expecting the schools to be responsible for teaching civility to children (since more and more parents are neglecting this role) but whenever the schools make an effort in doing so, the public gets in an uproar when the schools go beyond talking mildly to the children.

He is registered as a sex offender now, isn't he? I don't want that kind of kid around my neighborhood, just doesn't feel safe.

He's abusing adults now, but I'll bet he's a closet pedophile too.

Expel the kid! I don't want my 4 year-old daughter going to school with this little pervert!

Certainly if there's a history of inappropriate behaviour and the parents haven't responded, it makes sense.

Rach3 said:
He is registered as a sex offender now, isn't he? I don't want that kind of kid around my neighborhood, just doesn't feel safe.

He's abusing adults now, but I'll bet he's a closet pedophile too.

More like a adultofile. Instead of abusing kids, he abuses adults.

MeJennifer said:
A four year old was suspended from school after inappropriately touching a teacher's aid.

"A letter from La Vega school district administrators to the student's parents said that the boy was involved in "inappropriate physical behavior interpreted as sexual contact and/or sexual harassment" after he hugged the woman and he "rubbed his face in the chest of (the) female employee" on Nov. 10."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4392235.html"

Precocious puberty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Adultophilia is, indeed, a growing problem in our society, and to some extent, just about everyone around us are affected by it.
Scary thoughts..

mattmns said:
Expel the kid! I don't want my 4 year-old daughter going to school with this little pervert!

DOn't worry it looks like he's into older women anyway.

1. What exactly happened in the incident where a 4-year-old was suspended for hugging a teacher's aide inappropriately?

According to reports, the 4-year-old hugged the teacher's aide and touched her chest in the process. The teacher's aide reported the incident and the school suspended the child for the behavior.

2. Is it appropriate to suspend a 4-year-old for hugging a teacher's aide?

The appropriateness of the suspension is up for debate and varies depending on personal opinions. However, the school has a responsibility to address any inappropriate behavior and take necessary actions to ensure the safety of all students and staff.

3. What is the appropriate way to address inappropriate behavior in young children?

It is important to first understand the root cause of the behavior and address it with compassion and understanding. In this case, the child may not have understood the concept of personal boundaries and appropriate physical contact. Education and positive reinforcement can be effective in teaching appropriate behavior.

4. Are there any long-term effects of suspending a young child for inappropriate behavior?

Suspension can have negative effects on a child's emotional and social well-being, as well as their academic progress. It is important for schools to consider alternative forms of discipline and support for young children.

5. How can we prevent similar incidents from happening in the future?

Educating children on appropriate behavior and personal boundaries, as well as providing support and resources for teachers and staff to handle such situations, can help prevent similar incidents in the future. It is also important for schools to have clear policies and procedures in place for addressing inappropriate behavior in young children.