Is any good way on how to deal with Newton Mechanics?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the complexity and abstract nature of Newtonian mechanics, and the recommendation to not attempt studying more advanced topics such as relativity and quantum mechanics if one finds it difficult. The conversation also suggests that with practice and the use of resources such as books and videos, understanding and applying these concepts becomes easier.
alnix
just asking, because it seems abstract and complicated for me.

Physics news on Phys.org
If you think Newtonian mechanics is abstract and complicated, then I don't recommend that you attempt to study any relativity (either GR or SR) or any quantum mechanics.

If your statement is a plea for help, it is rather vague and non-specific. What seems abstract? What is complicated about it? The more details you provide, the more specific help and suggestions you will receive about overcoming your difficulties.

alnix said:

Your question itself appears abstract to me, and very, very vague.

BTW, do you know that you are using Newton's laws right now, and have been using it every since you were born? In fact, there are many things you do automatically simply because you've understood it and seen in numerous times already.

Zz.

alnix said:
Good thing you're equipped with a human brain - a tool particularly well suited for dealing with abstract and complicated topics, isn't it?

Last edited:
alnix said:

Get a good book and practice...everything becomes easier with practice.

Its not so bad if you watch youtube videos of course I refer to only A-level stuff at the moment. For the higher stuff in classical mechanics in uni like angular momentum and the other vector crap involving matrix mathematics I haven't come across yet but example of what I mean is

I am assuming your on about the rudimentary stuff I dunno.

PS> I forgot all that calculus stuff too. I have yet to encounter such difficulties though I haven't really started my subject yet just been reading up and researching myself at the moment. First damn unit though is quantum phenomena and electricity where I would have preferred starting at forces and motion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Is any good way on how to deal with Newton Mechanics?

1. What is Newtonian mechanics?

Newtonian mechanics, also known as classical mechanics, is a branch of physics that studies the motion and behavior of objects under the influence of forces. It was developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century and is based on his three laws of motion.

2. Why is it important to understand Newtonian mechanics?

Understanding Newtonian mechanics is crucial for predicting and explaining the behavior of objects in everyday life, as well as in more complex systems such as celestial bodies. It also serves as the basis for more advanced branches of physics, such as quantum mechanics and relativity.

3. What are the key principles of Newtonian mechanics?

The key principles of Newtonian mechanics are Newton's three laws of motion: the law of inertia, the law of acceleration, and the law of action and reaction. These laws describe the relationship between an object's motion and the forces acting upon it.

4. How can I apply Newtonian mechanics in real-life situations?

Newtonian mechanics can be applied in many real-life situations, such as calculating the forces on a moving car or predicting the path of a projectile. It can also be used in engineering to design structures and machines that can withstand forces and motion.

5. What are some common misconceptions about Newtonian mechanics?

One common misconception is that Newtonian mechanics only applies to large-scale objects, when in fact it also applies to particles at the atomic and subatomic level. Another misconception is that it only describes linear motion, when it can also be used to study circular and rotational motion.