Is current proportional to emf

In summary, Faraday's law states that emf is proportional to change in flux. When a magnet is moved towards a closed loop, the flux through the loop increases, resulting in an induced emf. This also leads to the induction of a current, meaning that current is proportional to emf and change in flux.
TT0
Faraday's law states that emf is proportional to change in flux. The scenario I am using is a magnet is moved towards a closed loop. As it moves towards the loop, flux through the loop is increased causing a emf to be induced. Does I also know that a current is induced. So does that mean current is proportional to emf and therefore is also proportional to change in flux?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
TT0 said:
Faraday's law states that emf is proportional to change in flux. The scenario I am using is a magnet is moved towards a closed loop. As it moves towards the loop, flux through the loop is increased causing a emf to be induced. Does I also know that a current is induced. So does that mean current is proportional to emf and therefore is also proportional to change in flux?

Thanks
Current is proportional to EMF, which is itself proportional to rate of change of flux.

Likes TT0
Thanks!

1. How is current proportional to EMF?

According to Ohm's Law, current (I) is directly proportional to the electromotive force (EMF) in a circuit. This means that as the EMF increases, the current also increases proportionally.

2. What is the relationship between current and EMF?

The relationship between current and EMF is that current is directly proportional to EMF. This means that a change in one will cause a corresponding change in the other.

3. How does EMF affect the current in a circuit?

EMF is responsible for creating a potential difference in a circuit, which is necessary for current to flow. As the EMF increases, the potential difference also increases, leading to an increase in current.

4. Is the current always proportional to EMF?

In most cases, current is proportional to EMF. However, there are certain factors, such as resistance and capacitance, that can affect the relationship between current and EMF in a circuit.

5. How can I calculate the current in a circuit based on the EMF?

To calculate the current in a circuit based on the EMF, you can use Ohm's Law (I = V/R) where V is the voltage (or EMF) and R is the resistance in the circuit. This will give you the current in amperes (A).