Is Fruitarianism the Future of Food? Debunking Myths & Exploring the Benefits

In summary: I like the taste of meat, but I enjoy most fruits better, not sure why =/. Fruits taste better than vegetables. What about the ethical reasons for not eating? No matter what I eat for my survival I'm still going to be killing lifeforms. Meat and vegetables and fruits and milk are for babies.In summary, when I first heard of fruitarianism I thought it was a good idea. Fruits taste better than vegetables. Now we see that vegetarians are idiots. Hehe, just kidding. I like the taste of meat, but I enjoy most fruits better, not sure why. Fruitarianism isn't very famous on the internet, but there are a few sites with grammar mistakes and decre
Esperanto
When I first heard of fruitarianism I thought it was a good idea. I haven't found information that says just eating fruits is insufficient to stay alive. Fruits taste better than vegetables. Now we see that vegetarians are idiots. Hehe, just kidding. I like the taste of meat, but I enjoy most fruits better, not sure why =/. Fruitarianism isn't very famous on the internet, fruitarian has 9,660 results and fruitarianism has 2,290 results with yahoo, and a few of the sites I saw have grammar mistakes and decrees of apocalypse, obviously symptoms of a malnutritious diet. Really, what can you expect from someone who is fruitarian and willing to shell out money to host a website to convert others?

Forget that, what really matters is the issue that maybe... just maybe, plants are using us to propagate until the time is ripe for takeover. Then, at the rate the people of our wussy society are turning away from real food to vegetarianism and such, do we really stand a chance against these insidious green creatures? I think it would serve my purpose to say, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." It seems to me to struggle is futile. I feel as if we can only give in and pray that our future masters will be kind to us.

Other than that, fruits taste pretty good. The only problem I have is to consider the feasibility of getting a lot of fruits- and of course, the issue of aiding the enemy. While I will be funding the fruit producers I buy fruit from, I can still make sure I kill the seeds of the fruits I see. Taunting them while eating away at the defensive layer around the seed is good therapy. Eating the seed is great too, teaches them who's boss.

What are your thoughts on fruitarians? Do you think it's good to just eat fruits?

Hmm, was going to do a poll, but my computer has a lot of viruses because of too much bad things on my computer, if you know what I mean ;). Who has the ban stick? Someone hand me the ban stick, quick!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Two things:

1) You will not get any protein in your diet.

2) Each fruitarian in the household will need his or her own bathroom.

Njorl

Nuts are a good source of protein. Lol, I don't think drinking a gallon of water a day is going to help much if you eat 50 grams of fiber every day =(. Something that I'd like to bring up is vitamin B12. Supplements seem to be good. My vitamin pill gives 300 mcg of B12's, over 5,000% of the RDA for adults and I only have to piss like twenty times a day. 143 grams a day of dirt to get 100% of the RDA works too. I've read in a few places that your stomach acid drops and food goes out your body undigested, and your body can't assimilate vitamin B12. Doubt many ever go long-term though.

How do you think fruitarianism compares with vegetarianism? There may not be an ethical reason to decide but fruits are more appealing than vegetables. Lol, can't imagine someone who hates fruits unless he feel he has to hate fruits since he hates vegetables.

What about the ethical reasons for not eating? No matter what I eat for my survival I'm still going to be killing lifeforms. Meat and vegetables and fruits and milk are for babies.

Esperanto said:
When I first heard of fruitarianism ... "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
Does this mean you think we should become fruits? Isn't that politically incorrect? I mean I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is, and he doesn't like the f word. He did, however, want to say this: "why choose? you can join me and beat me."

"It's not what you say, but how you say it. Context is much more important than content and demonstration is better than definition." ~N. Webster

"Just say what you mean and quit using those fancy words." ~Roget

Esperanto said:
What about the ethical reasons for not eating? No matter what I eat for my survival I'm still going to be killing lifeforms. Meat and vegetables and fruits and milk are for babies.

There is actually people that will only fruit that have fallen on their own. Therefore, they do not kill any living create because the fruit are already dead.

Botanically speaking, peanuts and other nuts are fruit. It is referred to as dry fruit. Anything that was "created" from a flower and has seeds is consider a fruit.

iansmith said:
Anything that was "created" from a flower and has seeds is consider a fruit.
Like a tomato!

Well, if this catches on, I'm buying stock in Kao-Pectate.

LOL that's the funniest and most disturbing thing I've heard in a long time, tribdog. Then I just reread what I wrote for this topic and it almost sounds like I'm against people who are gay. I really had no intention of sounding like that. Haven't been thinking straight for like a decade.

So when they drop off a tree the fruits are considered dead? A lot of people suicided because of semantics then lol. My hello kitty cult isn't going to be happy.

Esperanto said:
So when they drop off a tree the fruits are considered dead?

I don't know the exact detail but it is natural for a fruit to fall down. therefore if you take it and eat it, you are not harming the tree and the fruit is going to die because its energy source is coming from the tree. This is an extreme view but it exist.

I think tribdog is the funniest person on PF... he could hang from my branch whenever he wants... seriously... There is all the fruit you can eat there, apples, bananas, prickly pears, pomegranates... got to love Gibraltar... what were we talking about?? Fruitarianism... unless bacon is a fruit i couldn't do it...

as a matter of fact I heard that Kevin Bacon IS a fruit. I don't know for sure but I do know that I was in bed with Joe, Joe dated Marvin, Marvin had a fling with Arnold, and Arnold...Kevin Bacon

Ah so there IS a connection... That's ok then. goodbye meat, hello, tree-bacon!

Related to Is Fruitarianism the Future of Food? Debunking Myths & Exploring the Benefits

1. What is fruitarianism?

Fruitarianism is a dietary lifestyle that consists of primarily consuming fruits, nuts, and seeds, and sometimes other plant-based foods like vegetables. It is considered a subset of veganism and focuses on eating only foods that are obtained without harming the plant.

2. Is fruitarianism a healthy diet?

There is no clear consensus on the health benefits of fruitarianism. While fruits are nutrient-dense and provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, they may not provide all the necessary nutrients for a balanced diet. Additionally, some experts argue that the high sugar content in fruits can lead to health issues like diabetes and obesity.

3. Why do some people think fruitarianism sounds stupid?

Some people may think fruitarianism sounds stupid because it goes against traditional dietary guidelines and may not provide all the necessary nutrients for a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, the restrictive nature of the diet may be seen as extreme or unsustainable by some.

4. Are there any potential risks of following a fruitarian diet?

As with any restrictive diet, there are potential risks associated with fruitarianism. These include nutrient deficiencies, digestive issues, and potential long-term health consequences if the diet is not balanced and varied enough.

5. Can anyone follow a fruitarian diet?

Fruitarianism is not recommended for everyone, especially for pregnant or breastfeeding women, children, and individuals with certain health conditions. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet.