Is it possible to have a input & output screen or speaker?

In summary, a wire shoots out photons in x amount of brightness through a color-filter, and seems to be able to record any color in cameras.
SciencePerson
K so you have your computer screen, and speakers, but can they record too (input)!? My speaker vibrates by electricity to make sound, so why can't my voice make (these speakers) vibrate and send electrical signals back? A wire shoots out photons in x amount of brightness through a color-filter, and seems to be able to record any color in cameras, I know you could have a nanotech/organism switch really fast OR have a output pixel and camera pixel right beside each other for each "pixel", but what about a wire/ect that can shoot out, and take in? The screen could also do it at the same time since photons pass through each other!

Engineering news on Phys.org
A speaker and microphone are very similar devices, so yes to that. Screen and camera? No, they are very different.

But what are the physics of why I can't find a way to make the screen where the wire that shoots photons also absorbs them?

And can't you definitely though make a pixel-ed screen where each pixel has a camera pixel next to it? I'm sure this is possible to make.

Also has our civilization discovered yet and use this 2way speaker? And are my speakers infront of me able to record?

Last edited:
SciencePerson said:
But what are the physics of why I can't find a way to make the screen where the wire that shoots photons also absorbs them?
The screen does absorb light that shines on it, but there is nothing in the screen that would record them. And even if there would, the screen does not have the necessary optics to make an image. Also, where is the point? Just add a camera at the side.
SciencePerson said:
Also has our civilization discovered yet and use this 2way speaker? And are my speakers infront of me able to record?
If you would add the required electronics to measure it, yes. Using two different devices is much more practical, as the microphone has to be sensitive to very small pressure differences while a speaker has to deliver large pressure differences.

SciencePerson said:
Also has our civilization discovered yet and use this 2way speaker?
Sure. I had a Radio Shack Electronics Project Kit in the 1980s (probably still have it...) that used a little earpiece as both speaker and microphone in different projects.
And are my speakers infront of me able to record?
If you hooked it up to a recording device properly, it would. But not as well as a microphone built for the task.

The old Ships intercom system (we had other NSFW names for it ) used the speaker as the microphone.
1980s_misc_systems_ickaa.jpg

Reproducer
The reproducer serves a dual function. When it is
the transmitting station, it performs as a microphone;
when it is the receiving station, it performs as a normal
speaker; amplification occurs in the calling

The design was passed down from BSG. :DD
Battlestar-Galactica

1. Can an input and output screen or speaker be integrated into one device?

Yes, it is possible to have a device that can both display input and output information as well as produce sound. This is commonly seen in smartphones, laptops, and other electronic devices.

2. Is it possible to have a device that can switch between input and output modes?

Yes, it is possible to have a device that can switch between input and output modes. This can be achieved through the use of software and hardware components that allow for the device to receive and display information, as well as produce sound.

3. Can an input and output screen or speaker be connected to other devices?

Yes, an input and output screen or speaker can be connected to other devices. This is commonly done through the use of cables, wireless connections, or Bluetooth technology.

4. Are there any limitations to having an input and output screen or speaker?

There may be limitations to the capabilities of an input and output screen or speaker, such as the size and quality of the display or sound production. Additionally, the device may have limited compatibility with certain devices or software.

5. How does an input and output screen or speaker work?

An input and output screen or speaker works by receiving and processing information from external sources, such as a keyboard or microphone, and displaying or producing it for the user. This is achieved through the use of various components, including microchips, processors, and display panels or speakers.