Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
Every other science headline seems to be about 3-d printing.

I'm sure it's just a fad...

Physics news on Phys.org
Note to self: When moving a washing machine do not make assumptions about how much water may be left in the bottom. Unhooking the exhaust hose requires more than two pieces of paper towel under the machine. D'oh!

Jonathan Scott said:
Schumann, Schubert ... what's the difference?

Sent off artwork to print 5000 brochures for my orchestra's next season, due back any day now, with the wrong one! :eek:
I know the feeling. I once manually entered 5 rather large admittance matrixes, that modeled our power system at different loads, that took about a week of typing; only to discover the format of the numbers wasn't what the software expected. :blushing: Luckily the computer had a Fortran compiler and I wrote some code to convert the numbers to the correct format. No one ever knew. :uhh:

dlgoff said:
I know the feeling. I once manually entered 5 rather large admittance matrixes, that modeled our power system at different loads, that took about a week of typing; only to discover the format of the numbers wasn't what the software expected. :blushing: Luckily the computer had a Fortran compiler and I wrote some code to convert the numbers to the correct format. No one ever knew. :uhh:

Reminds me of the time I wrote a program to keep government grants from being charged to a certain object code. The program told me how many new accounts were generated, how many had been blocked, and how many valid accounts there were.

One day, all 10,000 accounts were blocked, and no valid accounts were available.

I decided that something was wrong, and ixnayed uploading the daily chart of accounts.

I had the only operable service center in operation that day.

:smile:

-----------------------------
That was about 15 years ago. As of late, the only thing I pat myself on the back for, is not pooping my pants. :redface:

Journalism at its finest! :rofl:

http://www.upworthy.com/if-you-are-gonna-make-jokes-at-the-nsas-expense-might-as-well-do-it-right-to-the-old-boss-face-am2-1a

Lol!

Yanick said:
Note to self: When moving a washing machine do not make assumptions about how much water may be left in the bottom. Unhooking the exhaust hose requires more than two pieces of paper towel under the machine. D'oh!

hahaaaa, I burst laughing out loud like an idiot :D Did you have fun drying up the place? :P

wow This isolation sickness thing is real. I haven't gone out and talked to people outside for weeks and I feel like my brain got dunked into a bucket of depressants.

Last edited:
wukunlin said:
wow This isolation sickness thing is real. I haven't gone out and talked to people outside for weeks and I feel like my brain got dunked into a bucket of depressants.

yeah, that's how it goes. When I was on vacation during the winter, I hadn't gone out for like a week - completely alienated from society :/

Spending more time on a final not related to my area of study than one that is related, because I actually want to ::gasp:: LEARN something. Heretical. I know.

If I see one more "Physics without the maths" book on amazon I'm going to lose it.
Learning physics without the maths is like studying Chinese culture from Steven Seagal movies.

HomogenousCow said:
If I see one more "Physics without the maths" book on amazon I'm going to lose it.
Learning physics without the maths is like studying Chinese culture from Steven Seagal movies.

But I love "Math without Physics" books.

HomogenousCow said:

I think "wanting to learn physics without the maths" is similar "wanting to have a relationship with this girl without talking to her."

wukunlin said:
I think "wanting to learn physics without the maths" is similar "wanting to have a relationship with this girl without talking to her."

Poetry, but with none of those icky words.

lisab said:
And it's only Tuesday.

And *still*, it's only Tuesday.

lisab said:
And *still*, it's only Tuesday.
And still %@#%!#!@^!

:rofl:

wukunlin said:

Or learning how to drive by religiously watching re-runs of Dukes of Hazzard.

Why is the prescribed med come in bottles that challenge one's strength T_T why when patient is the most weak*sniffs*

drizzle said:
Why is the prescribed med come in bottles that challenge one's strength T_T why when patient is the most weak*sniffs*

:frown: You can ask the pharmacist to dispense the meds in easy to open containers. Of course that's hard to remember when you're feeling bad!

I hope you're better soon!

Likes 1 person
This is bad.

Enigman said:
This is bad.

Rut-roh!

aXbmNKV_460s.jpg

Jet-Li-is-The-One-thumb.jpg

zero?

Lol Borg! I should've known it's a troll. :grumpy:

micromass said:
aXbmNKV_460s.jpg

That took a while...=5

micromass said:
aXbmNKV_460s.jpg

The other equations are clearly wrong.

lisab said:

The other equations are clearly wrong.

Borg said:
Jet-Li-is-The-One-thumb.jpg

One is correct. Zero and 5 are not.

micromass said:
aXbmNKV_460s.jpg

the same number as the answer to 21759 = ?.

(Just staking my claim to having solved it, without telling everybody the answer!)

AlephZero said:
the same number as the answer to 21759 = ?.

(Just staking my claim to having solved it, without telling everybody the answer!)

Yep!

micromass said:
One is correct. Zero and 5 are not.

Never said 5 was the answer.

This was an hint and a pun:
Enigman said:
"That took a while"=5

Enigman said:
Never said 5 was the answer.

This was an hint and a pun: