Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
  • #2,101
Chandler Swink, an Oakland University sophomore and aspiring nursing student, was taken off life support on Wednesday night after spending more than a week in a coma. Swink had visited a friend’s apartment where peanut butter cookies had been baked and the young man either came into contact with the cookies or the residue on someone else’s hands. When he started having a reaction, Chandler injected himself with an EpiPen and drove himself to a nearby hospital, where he was found unconscious in the parking lot after simultaneously going into anaphylactic shock and experiencing an asthma attack and cardiac arrest.
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/peanut-allergy-kills-19-year-old-college-student-104100973777.html

Just a touch!

Chandler had had a level-six nut allergy — the most severe — since the age of two, which had led to ridicule and bullying by his peers, according to Nancy. The school district made itself “peanut free” just for him, but that made other parents resentful. “They would say, ‘It can’t be that bad,’” Nancy recalled. But despite the stigma of Chandler’s allergies, his mom said, “he never complained to us. He held that in for 18 years. When he went to college, he was the happiest kid because he was no longer labeled.”

Chandler’s death occurred just after a survey of 250 kids found that those with food allergies often suffer socially. “A third indicated they had been bullied,” . . . .

Likes AnOldStudent
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,102
Borek said:
You do understand that for those of use with 30+ years of driving that sounds just funny?
Hmmm... I didn't even think to do the math:

Psinter: 5 * 20 = 100 trips
OmCheeto: 40 * 250 = 10,000 trips

Then you have to figure in Dangers factor: 9/10 people out there have been trying to kill me.

Likes AnOldStudent
  • #2,103
OmCheeto said:
I stay the hell away from trucks.
Same here. Being in front of them can be equally Dangerous. :oldeyes: I used to know someone who was in trucking and the two big complaints that he had were people in blind spots and people who would get in front of him and brake hard. They can't stop as fast as a car but many people forget that the truck even exists once they get in front of one. There was an accident in the DC area about 10 years ago where a woman got in front of a semi and stopped in the fast lane of the freeway because of some minor road debris. The trucker couldn't stop in time and she was killed. Like Om says, stay the hell away from them.

• #2,105
My mom once told me not to be so open in front of strangers or they'd fall in love with me.

• #2,106
OmCheeto said:
9/10 people out there have been trying to kill me.
Oh, don't be silly! Only the ones on the same road with you...

Likes Medicol and AnOldStudent
  • #2,107
Danger said:
Oh, don't be silly! Only the ones on the same road with you...
Exactly! :D

• #2,108
Tennis courts scare people away. Cheers!

• #2,109
Medicol said:
Tennis courts scare people away. Cheers!
Only when I'm flying...

(See signature...)

• #2,110
Danger said:
Only when I'm flying...

(See signature...)
I think that you're talking to a bot.

• #2,111
Borg said:
I think I might be a bot. How can I tell?

Likes nuuskur, Danger and OmCheeto
  • #2,112
How could people force students of social sciences and humanity to take statistics courses very week ? Unbearable!

• #2,113
Jonathan Scott said:
Have you ever tried talking to yourself?

• #2,114
Good bye everyone, it's bedtime or I'll be whipped by mom otherwise.

• #2,115
Borg said:
Until watching that clip, I had no idea what you were talking about. That would explain why he keeps "liking" me when I say something weird.

• #2,116
Jonathan Scott said:
Bots be able of sarcasm?

• #2,117
nuuskur said:
Bots be able of sarcasm?
No, but they misuse words suspiciously sometimes... :olduhh:

• #2,118
Danger said:
Until watching that clip, I had no idea what you were talking about. That would explain why he keeps "liking" me when I say something weird.
I'm not a bot and I'm afraid to find out how many of your weird comments I have liked:D .
Looking at the post of Medicol, you can see a pattern I think o_O "today I learned about bots" :rolleyes::eek::oops:

• #2,119
But... how would it register to be a member?

• #2,120
I wonder if there could be a thread that could serve as a BOT TRAP ? they would all start talking to each other and couldn't get out o0):w:D

• #2,121
:oldlaugh:
I love it!

• #2,122
Captain Kirk talks a bot to death.

Likes RonL
  • #2,123
edward said:
Captain Kirk talks a bot to death.
Of course, he could do that to anyone, not just bots.

• #2,124
Danger said:
Of course, he could do that to anyone, not just bots.

Hmm so could my wife come to think of it. We had a tiz over whether she said two pots, or tooth paste, this morning. I could have sworn she said tooth paste but then she was in the kitchen sooo I was possibly wrong.

• #2,125
Here we go, the latest science has proven that bots can't see rabbits. If anyone can see a rabbit in the video they are not a bot.

If you see a rabbit punch a quail you may have a problem.

Edit: If you see a second rabbit appear call your doctor immediately.

Last edited:
Likes AnOldStudent and Psinter
  • #2,126
edward said:
Ooops... :olduhh:

I see a disconnection from reality there, though. First there was one rabbit, then two, then one again. In actual life, there would be one, then two, then fourteen.

• #2,127
edward said:
Here we go, the latest science has proven that bots can't see rabbits. If anyone can see a rabbit in the video they are not a bot.

Edit: If you see a second rabbit appear call your doctor immediately.

I called my doctor, what now ?o_O:oldconfused:

• #2,128
Danger said:
No, but they misuse words suspiciously sometimes... :olduhh:
Like statements such as "take statistics courses very week" and putting extra spaces before a question mark ?
As Nikitin noted several pages ago, the user OnOldStudent is also a bot or maybe it really is a 95 year old woman as noted in its profile. :oldeyes:

Last edited:
  • #2,129
RonL said:
I called my doctor, what now ?o_O:oldconfused:

If you are on Medicare you are out of luck. They do not cover rabbit double vision. Hey wait a minute, you actually talked to your doctor? I have to leave a message and my doctor's assistant returns the call three days later.)

• #2,130
edward said:
If you are on Medicare you are out of luck. They do not cover rabbit double vision. Hey wait a minute, you actually talked to your doctor? I have to leave a message and my doctor's assistant returns the call three days later.)
Dag-nabbit, I am on medicare:) with a good secondary plan, I'm right on the line of being in excellent health and the PA is a beautiful young woman...summed up, every old man's dream come true (IMO :D )

• #2,131
Wasn't there a drug commercial where one of the side effects was double rabbit vision? I think that it was a drug for the prevention of single rabbit vision.

• #2,132
Borg said:
it was a drug for the prevention of single rabbit vision.
So it was designed to lobotomize you?

Likes edward, nuuskur and lisab
  • #2,133
wow, that's clever :D

• #2,134
Borg said:
Wasn't there a drug commercial where one of the side effects was double rabbit vision? I think that it was a drug for the prevention of single rabbit vision.

I can't keep up with the side effects in the commercials. After the wonderful happy part they use a fast talker to describe the side effects.

• #2,135
OmCheeto said:
ps. That's good that you've learned not to pace trucks. The next time you see one parked, go up and see if you can see one of these signs affixed somewhere:
I did learn the lesson. Never again.