1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is my schedule too packed?

1. Nov 5, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone. I wanted to seek some advice on whether my schedule is good or is it too packed. I also work 30 hours a week.

Spring 2016

University Physics 3 w/ lab (4 credits)

Mathematical Methods in Physics 1 (3 credits)

Modern Differential Equations (3 credits)

General Chemistry 1 w/ lab (4 credits)

Introduction to Computer Science C++ (4 credits)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

It does seem a bit packed... especially considering you work 30 hours a week.

4. Nov 5, 2015 #3
    Would it better to drop computer science and take it at a different time? I am trying to go into theoretical physics.

5. Nov 5, 2015 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I would talk to an adviser at your school and go over your current and future schedule to make sure you aren't overloaded and don't drop a pre-req or something.

6. Nov 6, 2015 #5
    Alright, well thank you very much for your advice.

7. Nov 6, 2015 #6
    Hey, if I was to decrease my amount of work time to 24 hours a week would the extra 6 hours make it a good schedule or still a bit packed?

8. Nov 6, 2015 #7
    I've had a similar schedule in the past, except instead of working 30 hours a week, I worked 15 hours a week and also a couple hours of volunteer work a week, and was in some clubs. I think it's doable if you drop your work hours to 24 hours a week, but then don't consider more than maybe one extracurricular at most, and no commitment (i.e., don't become a Vice Pres. of a club or a project manager). However, I'd recommend trying to drop your workload to 20 or 18 hours a week if you can.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook