Is my schedule too packed?

• Thread starter TTM2025
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello everyone. I wanted to seek some advice on whether my schedule is good or is it too packed. I also work 30 hours a week.

Spring 2016

University Physics 3 w/ lab (4 credits)

Mathematical Methods in Physics 1 (3 credits)

Modern Differential Equations (3 credits)

General Chemistry 1 w/ lab (4 credits)

Introduction to Computer Science C++ (4 credits)

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
It does seem a bit packed... especially considering you work 30 hours a week.

Would it better to drop computer science and take it at a different time? I am trying to go into theoretical physics.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I would talk to an adviser at your school and go over your current and future schedule to make sure you aren't overloaded and don't drop a pre-req or something.

Likes TTM2025
Alright, well thank you very much for your advice.

Hey, if I was to decrease my amount of work time to 24 hours a week would the extra 6 hours make it a good schedule or still a bit packed?

I've had a similar schedule in the past, except instead of working 30 hours a week, I worked 15 hours a week and also a couple hours of volunteer work a week, and was in some clubs. I think it's doable if you drop your work hours to 24 hours a week, but then don't consider more than maybe one extracurricular at most, and no commitment (i.e., don't become a Vice Pres. of a club or a project manager). However, I'd recommend trying to drop your workload to 20 or 18 hours a week if you can.