Is Polygamy Really That Bad? Exploring the Benefits and Controversies

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of polygamy and its potential benefits and drawbacks. While some argue that it is a natural behavior for mammals, others point out the social and cultural implications of polygamy. The conversation also touches on the legality and acceptance of polygamy in different societies and religions. Additionally, the conversation brings up examples of polygamy in different species and how it may not necessarily be a common practice in the animal kingdom. Overall, the conversation highlights the complexities and controversies surrounding the topic of polygamy.
Originally posted by Gale17
haha, ok, so i hadn't thought into it too well. my mum actually wouldn't be terribly upset about either, she knows I'm completely insane. she'd wig at first but get over it, it wouldn't be the craziest thing i'd ever done...:wink:

anyways, i figure it might also need to be pointed out that polygamy refers just to men having multiple wives, and polgandry when a woman has multiple husbands. Polyfidelity and/or Polyamory mean it goes both ways i guess. so, I'm for polyamory, not polygamy i guess. i actually think that it's terribly unfair to be sexest about it.

so i don't know if thread was meant about polygamy or polyamory, and if it's about polygamy, which i strongly oppose, then i think concubines and bastards and all that should be brought up.

Oops...you caught me, I did mean polyamory, my mistake!

Physics news on Phys.org
she'd wig at first but get over it, it wouldn't be the craziest thing i'd ever done...:wink:

worse than polyamory? Well in that case fill me in on the "worse stuff":wink:

i don't think that my... activities, would be appropriate to mention here, or on topic. :wink:

sides, i don't see anything that wrong with polyamory, just societal taboos

i don't think that my... activities, would be appropriate to mention here, or on topic. :wink:

[?] hmmmmmm

Originally posted by Zero
Why is it bad? What are the benefits?

Discuss.

Would you like to be number 5 out 15 husbands? There's your problem.

Originally posted by Opinion
Would you like to be number 5 out 15 husbands? There's your problem.
What if you were too busy with wife number 27 to notice?

anyways, i figure it might also need to be pointed out that polygamy refers just to men having multiple wives, and polgandry when a woman has multiple husbands. Polyfidelity and/or Polyamory mean it goes both ways i guess. so, I'm for polyamory, not polygamy i guess. i actually think that it's terribly unfair to be sexest about it.

the majority can't fathom polyamory, alhtough maybe nowadays it is more acceptable...personally, i don't see myself as ever polyamorous, but i can understand why it would happen...