Is The Chronicles of Riddick the Worst Piece of Science Fiction Writing Ever?

• Thread starter colinr
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses the science fiction movie with "Professer" Vin Diesel, where he describes a planet with a surface temperature of -300 degrees celcius at night. The conversation also includes a comparison to other science fiction movies, with one individual stating it as the worst piece of science fiction writing ever. Another individual mentions the concept of absolute zero and the use of Kelvin as a unit of measurement.
colinr
Has anyone seen this movie yet. "Professer" Vin Diesel describes a planet as having a surface temperature at night of -300 degrees celcius.

Is it just me, or is that catergorically the worst piece of science fiction writing ever.

If you know one better, I'd love to hear it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I've seen it.
I went in, thinking I was about to see an awful movie, and was pleasantly surprised in that the movie was only silly (story&physics)

He's still better at science than he is at acting.

colinr said:
Has anyone seen this movie yet. "Professer" Vin Diesel describes a planet as having a surface temperature at night of -300 degrees celcius.

Is it just me, or is that catergorically the worst piece of science fiction writing ever.

If you know one better, I'd love to hear it.
whats absolute 0? like -272C?

its -273 c

"at night of -300 degrees celcius.."
Always use Kelvin, that way you won't be ...

well we know that, that's why its so funny

Related to Is The Chronicles of Riddick the Worst Piece of Science Fiction Writing Ever?

1. What is the premise of "The Chronicles of Riddick"?

The Chronicles of Riddick is a science fiction action film that follows the story of Richard B. Riddick, a notorious criminal and antihero, as he becomes involved in a battle against an evil empire called the Necromongers. The film is set in a futuristic universe where different planets are controlled by different factions, and Riddick must use his unique abilities to survive and ultimately defeat the Necromongers.

2. Is "The Chronicles of Riddick" a sequel?

Yes, "The Chronicles of Riddick" is the sequel to the 2000 film "Pitch Black", which also features Riddick as the main character. However, it is not necessary to watch "Pitch Black" in order to understand and enjoy "The Chronicles of Riddick".

3. Who plays the main character, Riddick, in the film?

The main character, Riddick, is played by actor Vin Diesel. Diesel also served as a producer for the film and has been a key part of the franchise since its inception.

4. Are there any other films or media related to "The Chronicles of Riddick"?

Yes, "The Chronicles of Riddick" has spawned several other related media, including a video game, an animated short film, and a novelization of the film. There is also a third film in the franchise, titled "Riddick", which was released in 2013.

5. What makes "The Chronicles of Riddick" unique in the science fiction genre?

"The Chronicles of Riddick" is unique in the science fiction genre for its combination of elements such as action, horror, and fantasy. It also features a complex and morally ambiguous main character, as well as a detailed and expansive fictional universe. Additionally, the film explores themes of destiny, religion, and power, which are not commonly seen in traditional science fiction films.