Is the International Bachelor of Science the Right Choice for Me?

• Courses
  • Thread starter victorhugo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Course
In summary: I hate subjects that required decorating and memorising things, so I do much better in 'understanding' based subjects, such as Maths.In summary, the International Bachelor of Science is an online program that has a variety of majors to choose from, but the student must be sure that it is a perfect fit for them before making the decision.
victorhugo
It's called the "International Bachelor of Science". I almost got into the Advanced Bachelor of science honours (physics) but my marks dropped a lot in my last 2 terms due to personal family issues.

I love philosophy, astronomy, physics (all of it but mostly space, special relativity and quantum physics) and I like SOME chemistry, because:
I hate subjects that required decorating and memorising things, so I do much better in 'understanding' based subjects, such as Maths.

Anyway, the IBS requires me to choose one of the following fields to major in:

Biological Sciences
Chemistry
Geology
Geosciences
Medicinal Chemistry
Nanotechnology
Nutrition
Physical Geography
Sport and Movement Science

Do you think any of these fit my description or should I take another course?

Thank you in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Most people only get one shot at their education. I wouldn't try to shoehorn yourself into a program based on its title. Look around until you've found a program that's a perfect (or nearly perfect) fit for you. Even if you stop school for a semester or even a full year to figure that out, that's much better than suffering through something that sounded good to some random people on the internet.

Choppy said:
Most people only get one shot at their education. I wouldn't try to shoehorn yourself into a program based on its title. Look around until you've found a program that's a perfect (or nearly perfect) fit for you. Even if you stop school for a semester or even a full year to figure that out, that's much better than suffering through something that sounded good to some random people on the internet.
Well, give my description, I'd hope I could get someone to give me advice because there is only so much information about a course online. I guess it's best to call universities and ask about it.

victorhugo said:
I love philosophy, astronomy, physics (all of it but mostly space, special relativity and quantum physics)
I don't think any of the major fields that you listed would include those areas, except that undergraduate chemistry usually includes some QM under the topic of "physical chemistry." (at least in the US)

nanotech should have something related to QM...

Related to Is the International Bachelor of Science the Right Choice for Me?

1. Should I take this course if it's not required for my major?

It depends on your personal interests and career goals. Taking a course outside of your major can broaden your skill set and enhance your resume. However, if it doesn't align with your long-term plans, it may not be worth the time and effort.

2. Will this course be too challenging for me?

Every course has its own level of difficulty, but it also depends on your individual strengths and study habits. If you're interested in the subject and willing to put in the work, you have a good chance of succeeding in the course.

3. How will this course benefit me in the future?

The benefits of a course can vary depending on the subject, but in general, it can help you develop critical thinking skills, improve your communication and time management skills, and expand your knowledge and understanding of a specific topic.

4. Is this course relevant to my career goals?

If the course is directly related to your desired career, then it can be very beneficial. Even if it's not directly related, it can still provide valuable skills and knowledge that can be applied to various industries.

5. Will this course be worth the cost?

This is a personal decision that depends on your financial situation and the potential benefits of the course. Consider the value it will add to your education and career goals, as well as any financial aid or scholarships that may be available.