Is this a eureka moment? .how do we know atoms exist?

• Thread starter physdoc
  • Start date
What I meant in my original post was that because there is space between THEMSELVES (not simply because they can be seperated), it means that they each must exist on there own as a smallest entity.

your right. I was just going to take back the acceptance, because I too have come to the conclusion that splitting anything in half is a proof of atoms
edit: splitting anything in half is NOT a proof of atoms. which is common sense.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
your right. I was just going to take back the acceptance, because I too have come to the conclusion that splitting anything in half is a proof of atoms
What I meant in my original post was that because there is space between THEMSELVES (not simply because they can be seperated), it means that they each must exist on there own as a smallest entity.
Really? Then your threshold for acceptance for anything must be extremely low. I would not consider that anywhere near a "proof" of the presence of atoms.

I have a snake oil here that I want to sell. It can cure anything.

Zz.

DrClaude and others explained often enough why the liquid in a bottle has nothing to do with the existence of atoms.