Is this just the first thermodynamic Law?

In summary, the first thermodynamic law, or the law of conservation of energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another. This law explains how energy transfer occurs within a closed system and cannot be violated as it is a fundamental law of nature. It is important because it helps us understand and predict energy behavior and has practical applications in various fields. While generally considered a universal principle, there may be some exceptions to the first law in theoretical scenarios involving quantum mechanics or special relativity.
AyoubEd
hello there !
i found this while studying :the kinetic theory of gases.
the thing is thermodynamics comes afterwards , and i found this

Attachments

• 55.PNG
    55.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 517
Science news on Phys.org
Yes it is. Just out of curiosity , which text is this ?

Likes AyoubEd
this "the feynman lectures

Likes Useful nucleus
AyoubEd said:
this "the feynman lectures
do you want a link

No thanks , a lot ! These are very famous. Feynman's comment about how "adiabatic" is used in many contexts caught my attention. I always had difficulty associating adiabatic in thermodynamics to adiabatic in quantum mechanics.

Likes AyoubEd

1. What is the first thermodynamic law?

The first thermodynamic law, also known as the law of conservation of energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another.

2. How does the first thermodynamic law relate to energy transfer?

The first law of thermodynamics explains that energy is always conserved in a closed system, meaning that the total amount of energy remains constant even as it is transferred from one form to another.

3. Can the first thermodynamic law be violated?

No, the first law of thermodynamics is a fundamental law of nature and has been proven to hold true in all observed cases. It is a universal principle that cannot be violated.

4. Why is the first thermodynamic law important?

The first law of thermodynamics is important because it helps us understand and predict how energy behaves in different systems. It also serves as the foundation for the study of thermodynamics and has many practical applications in fields such as engineering and physics.

5. Are there any exceptions to the first thermodynamic law?

While the first law of thermodynamics is generally considered to be a universal principle, there are some theoretical scenarios in which it may not hold true. For example, in certain cases involving quantum mechanics or special relativity, the law may need to be modified or expanded upon.