Is Your Personal Information Safe on Zabasearch?

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wave
In summary: I think it's a good idea.In summary, the first site has incorrect dates for some of the addresses, and the second site is not very useful.
Not to drag anyone back ON topic (some day I have to watch space ghost- I keep hearing about it). But if anyone was wondering where this information comes from, I can provide some insight. If you've ever applied for any kind of credit, that information can be obtained. The actual body of the info- IE the credit scoring etc is protected info. However the header info, such as name age, address, phone, etc is considered fair game under the fair credit reporting act. And that information is easily obtainable, usually for a small fee. Then the standard public records- change of address, city/county records such as home purchases. arrest records, things like that. As somone mentioned earlier, the website isn't the problem. It just brings a murky problem into specific focus: that privacy is very hard to come by. You can live "outside the system" but you will have no credit, own nothing of substantial value, or basically have to become someone else.

Physics news on Phys.org
Zantra said:
www.zabasearch.com

great if you want to find someone else. But try looking up yourself and see how much comes up. I had every address I've ever lived at come up
Hmm. It didn't find me. I'm insulted. :confused:

This reminds me of another recent discussion of the same general topic. From jma's excellent link:
We humans tend to overlook real safety risks in favor of the more shocking ones...
Yep.

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
The rest of the info is just a bunch of old addresses and phone numbers they could have gotten from the phone book. It's not like people don't know where I live, though they'd have to know I'm me in order for it to do any good.
Hmm... "MATOOKA MOONBEAR 922 WASHINGTON ST SE ALBUQUERQUE NM" Matooka? Your parents must have hated you...