Is Switching from Electrical Engineering to Physics for a PhD a Good Idea?

• Thread starter Haorong Wu
  • Start date
In summary, this place is known for its natural beauty and friendly community atmosphere, making it a pleasant place to live. It also has a low crime rate and a strong sense of community, making it safe. The local amenities include parks, restaurants, and shops, making it convenient and enjoyable. The climate is generally mild and pleasant, with warm summers and cool winters, making it comfortable year-round. Additionally, there are good job opportunities in various industries, making it a great place to work and live.
Haorong Wu
Hello. I'm Haorong Wu, from China. I have BS. and MS. in EE. However, after several years' job, I find my passion for physics does not fade.

Last year, I decided to learn physics and I'll try to apply for a PhD in physics in the future . Difficult, but I'll stick to it.

It's a great place to learn from other people, and they're all very nice. I'm looking forward to discuss with others and make friends.

Lastly, hope my awful English skill would not trouble you.

ps. when I post a question in homework, the template didn't show up. Is there any wrong with my browser?

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Haorong Wu said:
ps. when I post a question in homework, the template didn't show up. Is there any wrong with my browser?
Interesting. I just did a test thread start, and the "Template" now looks different. It looks like thread start window has several sections for you to fill in, not exactly like the Template used to be (it was text based up until the forum software update a few days ago). Here is what I see with my PC browser:

Which posts as the following:

I guess that's the new look of the "Template"... paging @Greg Bernhardt to be sure that's what is intended...

Likes Haorong Wu
berkeman said:
I guess that's the new look of the "Template"... paging @Greg Bernhardt to be sure that's what is intended...
Intended, yes :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Intended, yes :)
I see the new look of the template now. Can LaTex be used in the problem statement and relevant equations areas?

Haorong Wu said:
I see the new look of the template now. Can LaTex be used in the problem statement and relevant equations areas?
Yes

1. What makes this place so nice?

The natural beauty of the landscape and the friendly community atmosphere contribute to the overall pleasantness of this place.

2. Is this place safe?

Yes, this place has a low crime rate and a strong sense of community, making it a safe place to live.

3. What are the local amenities like?

This place has a variety of amenities, including parks, restaurants, and shops, making it a convenient and enjoyable place to live.

4. What is the climate like in this place?

The climate in this place is generally mild and pleasant, with warm summers and cool winters, making it a comfortable place to live year-round.

5. Are there good job opportunities in this place?

Yes, this place has a growing economy and a range of job opportunities in various industries, making it a great place to work and live.