1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Jakson/angular momentum in electric field

1. Jan 30, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

does any body know how we can aprove the conservation of anular momentum in electric/magnetic field? its problem 6.10 in jakson's booktahnx

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2009 #2

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hi freehuman79, welcome to PF:smile:

As per forum policy, we require that you show some attempt at the solution before we assist you. However, I'll start you off with a hint--- Try looking at the total torque on some charge and current distribution and follow a similar method as Jackson's derivation of conservation of linear momentum (eq. 6.121)

P.S. Please don't create multiple threads for the same question; that is also against forum rules. Since ths is essentially a homework problem, this is where this question belongs.
  4. Feb 1, 2009 #3
    I am really sorry if I broke the forum policy, bet let me insure to you that it is not homework problem. it is just the key idea of my new research.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?