Testing the Authenticity of Signatures: Is it Really Mine?

• Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
Sorry if it didn't come off that way.In summary, the conversation is about the use of signatures and avatars for ribbon holders in the Science Advisor/Homework Helper usergroups. There is some confusion about whether this was intentional or not, but it is agreed that it is a nice idea to keep. The conversation also briefly touches on the idea of earning signatures and avatars through contributions, and one member jokingly mentions the idea of "free" signatures and avatars.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just testing my signiture :briggin:

Physics news on Phys.org
New perks for ribbon holders?

I'm a little confused, myself. Signatures and avatars are supposed to be for contributing members only..

*runs off to do some checking*

- Warren

Well, point of fact, it seems the Science Advisor / Homework Helper usergroups enable avatars and signatures (though they cannot upload custom avatars). Perhaps this was Greg's intent, or perhaps it slipped past us both? I don't know. Others with medals are also using signatures. I don't know why I never noticed this before. Hmmmmm...

- Warren

We had discussed the idea a while ago, but I didn't know it was ever implemented. Whether it was intentional or by accident, I think it's a nice idea to keep.

Hootenanny said:
Just testing my signiture :briggin:
free sig? and avatar? :eek: :bugeye: :uhh: :grumpy:

It's not free, yomamma. Hoot put an awful lot of work into his posts to get the medals.

- Warren

Yes, I know. I was just kidding.

1. What is the purpose of "Just testing my signature"?

The purpose of "Just testing my signature" is to ensure that the signature is legible, consistent, and appears correctly in all necessary documents or communications. This is especially important for legal or professional documents.

2. How often should I test my signature?

It is recommended to test your signature at least once a year or every time you make changes to your signature. This will ensure that it is up-to-date and reflects any changes in your handwriting.

3. Can I use any pen or writing instrument to test my signature?

Yes, you can use any pen or writing instrument to test your signature. However, it is recommended to use the same pen or similar pen that you typically use when signing important documents to ensure consistency.

4. How do I know if my signature is legally binding?

In general, a signature is considered legally binding if it is made with the intention of signing a document, and if it is clear and consistent. However, it is always best to check with legal counsel or the specific institution or organization for their requirements for a legally binding signature.

5. Can I test my signature electronically?

Yes, you can test your signature electronically by signing a blank piece of paper and scanning or taking a picture of it. You can also use digital signature software to test your signature by signing on a tablet or other electronic device. However, it is important to ensure that the electronic signature is accepted and legally binding for the specific document or situation.