Keeping up the craziness factor

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea that dark energy and dark matter may not exist, but a scientist in Krakow believes they do and may even transform into each other. The idea is considered radical but potentially testable, and there is concern about coincidences in the data.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0502034

this seems crazy to me
and I refuse to spend another minute on it.

however, maybe cosmology as a field needs to be periodically shaken up
by crazy-sounding ideas. Does this fill the bill?

--------
my personal view is I am skeptical that dark energy and dark matter even exist. but here is somebody in Krakow (at the "Center for Complicated Systems" or some such institution) who believes that indeed not only do they both exist but one may transform itself into the other, and so on...

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hmmm. I think it's pretty radical, but possible. It's too ad hoc to suit my taste [like MOND], but testable predictions might sweeten it up. One thing I find very troubling is the apparent low surface brightness of galaxies at the same distance as the high z supernova. I can look up the paper if anyone cares to kick it around. Coincidences make me nervous.

Related to Keeping up the craziness factor

1. What is "keeping up the craziness factor"?

"Keeping up the craziness factor" refers to the idea of maintaining a certain level of chaos and unpredictability in a situation or environment. This can be seen in various fields, such as entertainment, marketing, and even in scientific research.

2. Why is it important to keep up the craziness factor?

Keeping up the craziness factor can add excitement and intrigue to a situation, making it more memorable and engaging for those involved. It can also help stimulate creativity and push boundaries, leading to new and innovative ideas.

3. Can the craziness factor be controlled?

Yes, the craziness factor can be controlled to some extent. While it may seem chaotic and unpredictable, there is often a method to the madness. In certain situations, such as in marketing or entertainment, the craziness factor is carefully crafted and strategically planned.

4. Are there any risks involved in keeping up the craziness factor?

Yes, there can be risks involved in keeping up the craziness factor. It is important to carefully consider the potential consequences and ensure that the level of craziness is appropriate for the situation. Too much chaos and unpredictability can lead to confusion and negative outcomes.

5. How can one effectively keep up the craziness factor?

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to keeping up the craziness factor, as it will depend on the specific situation and goals. However, some strategies may include incorporating unexpected elements, embracing spontaneity, and constantly seeking out new and innovative ideas. It is also important to carefully balance the level of craziness to ensure it remains engaging without becoming overwhelming.