Latest Gallup Poll on public trust in the media

• News
  • Thread starter Tigers2B1
  • Start date
What you failed to mention were alternate news sources. We no longer have to rely on the main stream media for news. It is ironic that as more and more main stream news media are controlled by fewer and fewer individuals, more sources have opened up to the public. There is the AM talk radio programs, cable news and the web, just to name three. Equally important are forums like this where people can discuss what they have read and heard. We no longer have to take Dan Rather word as gospel.
For those that still trust the media, they can go to Headline Spot and read the world news.
The world freedom to Iraqis could eventually mean terror and murder. Gay used to mean happy, now it mean homosexual. Bad can mean good. This is the part of the presidents game, to rename things. Defenders of the Iraqi homeland in Iraq are called terrorists. Operation Freedom has freed no one, but murdered meany and made things worse than before the invasion. These lies, not calling a spade a spade, add up and people distrust more and more, but that doesn't mean they are better off because they doubt.
What you are refereing to is called Newspeak from George Orwell's 1984. A second part of Newspeak was the elimination of words from the vocabulary. Verbal Test Scores shows a decline in verbal test scores of high school students. An interesting audio/video on the subject is at Politics and the English Language

The solution is not a
move to a scientific criteria for reporting,
that sounds too close to censorship. The solution is the new alternative news sources and the discussion groups that we have now.

JohnDubYa said:
Amazing. Only omin could turn a discussion about media bias into yet another rant about President Bush. I am starting to get the idea that he doesn't like George W. much.
You are finally right JohnDubYa. But, let me point out something. I didn't choose to dislike Bush. I just call things what they are. He is hated, because that's what he expresses, not because I express hate to him.

Outcast said:
The solution is not a that sounds too close to censorship. The solution is the new alternative news sources and the discussion groups that we have now.
Okay, the point is not clearified. I admit. I get in a hurry during responses.

What if I say it like this, would you agree. When we call something by a name, we must stick to that name. If we distiniguish things that names slurrs together, like the republican method is doing, we may call them on there smattering and rate them as low on intellgence and factual representation.

For example, the defenders of Iraq are called terrorists. Team Bush qualifies them as terrosts, but Americans would do the same thing if we were invaded by those who murdered family, friends and fellow citizens.

So-called Operation: Freedom is not applying Democracy to Iraq, Democracy is the voice of the people. The principle of Democracy already existed in Iraq, just not in the expression is exists everywhere else. But no Democracy is identical. All people are responsible for the leaders they allow to govern them. It is the only way to understand Democracy in it's fully honest expression. Dictators force ideals on people against there will. As long as there is militant resistance against militant invaders, Democracy is being expressed by Iraq! Not terrorism!

I like that. If (hmmm, lets see) a communist, or even better - anarchist, nation invades America and tells you they your being liberated from your oppressive government, how many Americans would support them, how many would start a resistance? t'is a good question.

I like that. If (hmmm, lets see) a communist, or even better - anarchist, nation invades America and tells you they your being liberated from your oppressive government, how many Americans would support them, how many would start a resistance?
Are we being slaughtered by Saddam Hussein before the invasion? I find it funny that you always conveniently leave out that part of the issue.

So-called Operation: Freedom is not applying Democracy to Iraq, Democracy is the voice of the people. The principle of Democracy already existed in Iraq, just not in the expression is exists everywhere else.
:rofl:

Yes, that was a Helluva democracy Saddam Hussein gifted to the people of Iraq. :biggrin:

The Russians tried for 10 years to force Communism on the Afghans and that didn’t work. I wonder how long we will try to force Democracy on Iraq?

russ_watters
Mentor
Outcast said:
The Russians tried for 10 years to force Communism on the Afghans and that didn’t work. I wonder how long we will try to force Democracy on Iraq?
The phrase "force democracy" is an oxymoron.