1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Learning physical chemistry online? My professor is bad

1. Apr 3, 2013 #1
    We are learning about NMR and ESR right now.

I know physical chemistry is a difficult topic to learn because there is a lot of background information that you have to be aware of in order to understand things.

My professor does not reference these background topics, speaks with a strong accent, has difficult to read handwriting, and makes occasional factual errors as well. This is well known among the student body. We have a weak chemistry department.

So... is it still worthwhile to attend lecture? My plan right now is to sit in the back and have my computer with me so I can google stuff when I'm confused.

I might just stop attending, however, if there were a good online source to use instead.

PS: I already know to ask questions on physics forums and I may just start using it exclusively to do the homework.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted