Lenz's Law Diagram: Understanding the Principles and Applications

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter stmartin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Law Lenz's law
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 28K views
Anybody know this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I want to say that always the electrons tend to have lower energy level and also I couldn't understand how do the field is increased when their magnetic field is opposite of the permanent magnet's field.
Noone knows this?
 
I got to this string late, but your question is not too clear.
Maybe it will help you to say that you have to apply a force to the magnet to push to toward the loop. This increases the energy in the system.
 
Meir Achuz said:
I got to this string late, but your question is not too clear.
Maybe it will help you to say that you have to apply a force to the magnet to push to toward the loop. This increases the energy in the system.
Why you think that it'll increase the energy, when the electrons oppose of the increase of the magnetic field? That's what I am asking.
 
Meir Achuz said:
I got to this string late, but your question is not too clear.
Maybe it will help you to say that you have to apply a force to the magnet to push to toward the loop. This increases the energy in the system.

And why when the energy is released (when we'll pull out the permanent magnet) the electrons want to increase the energy again, by following the permanent magnet's force lines?