What Are the Best Books to Start with for Higher Mathematics and Physics?

• Thread starter EnergyDust
  • Start date
In summary, the best books to start with for higher mathematics and physics are those that provide a strong foundation in fundamental concepts and problem-solving techniques. These include textbooks such as "Calculus" by James Stewart and "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, which cover essential topics in calculus and physics respectively. Other recommended books include "Linear Algebra" by Gilbert Strang and "Classical Mechanics" by Herbert Goldstein, which delve deeper into advanced topics. It is also beneficial to supplement these books with practice problems and online resources for a well-rounded understanding of these challenging subjects.
EnergyDust
Hello.First i will introduce myself. I am 16 years Bulgarian boy and I am in math and geography school. My passions are electronics, math(and especially higher mathematics), physics(I now reading quantum physics for beginners by zbigniew ficek and one Bulgarian book about technical mechanics).

Also I am interested in programming and robotics, couple of mouths ago I opened my own class for developing robots, where I am some kind of teacher(I had been sponsored by my school and I bought lego mindstroms(for those you have some knowleage about it, We don't use graphical IDE, but Python)arduino and a lot of servor, sensor, wires and so on).

Finally some of my background interests are Linux and Penetration testing(White hat), computer communications.I know there are a lot of stuffs and it's hard to me to manage my time, but let's talk about, for what i come here, shall we.

I really don't know from where to start with higher mathematics. In school we are on log's, and the leastest thing a read is about negative square root(imaginetion i²= -1 and the graphical representation).I want some help for finding the right way of starting with higher mathematics, and also there can be some physics realeted books, i won't regret it.

Sorry if it's seems like complete mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

EnergyDust said:
My passions are electronics, math(and especially higher mathematics), physics(I now reading quantum physics for beginners by zbigniew ficek and one Bulgarian book about technical mechanics).

Also I am interested in programming and robotics, couple of mouths ago I opened my own class for developing robots, where I am some kind of teacher(I had been sponsored by my school and I bought lego mindstroms(for those you have some knowleage about it, We don't use graphical IDE, but Python)arduino and a lot of servor, sensor, wires and so on).

Finally some of my background interests are Linux and Penetration testing(White hat), computer communications
And you are only 16? :)) That is amazing!

When I was your age, all I remember is not doing homework and getting punished for that..:-p

Welcome to PF! It's great to have you here!:smile:

Hello everyone.
Where should I post to find some information about books and how to start ?

EnergyDust said:
Hello everyone.
Where should I post to find some information about books and how to start ?
There is a Textbook forum for asking for recommendations for books. And the Academic Guidance forum is for asking for advice about how best to study... :smile: