Let's stop helping poor people, veterans, and farmers

• News
  • Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of government subsidies for farmers and the economic impact of removing the price floor on crops. It also mentions potential changes to healthcare benefits for veterans and the need for a stronger economy to support the welfare system. The speaker expresses frustration with both parties and plans to vote for the Libertarian party in the future.
chroot said:
...Bush is almost assuredly going to be remembered as one of history's worst presidents.

Bush's entire goal was: 1) to avenge his father, which he as done, 2) serve a second term--unlike his father, which he as done, and 3) become a legacy in the history books as the best President our country has ever had, what ever it takes, at any cost. This is the method to the madness, and it's two out of three so far. Bush supporters will tell you he will achieve #3.

Most of these supporters have no idea about the topics discussed in this forum, let alone watch the news--be it as crappy as it is. How do you change the thinking of people like that? The only solace is that these people probably don't write history books.

As for subsidizing farmers, global warming is a larger concern if you ask me. Aside from believing that Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs should come first and be available to all, even if it means protectionism or subsidy, I hope farmers will diversify in anticipation of climate changes, and perhaps we should stock pile whatever we can.

In the meantime I agree we should support our troops and stop the lies.