LG 8x thinq

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

I purchased the other day this cool smartphone, so I checked its manual in the net:
https://www.mylgphones.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/G8X-LM-G850UM-ATT-manual-English.pdf

Just another book to read... happy happy joy joy!
less than 250 pages to read.

It's a pity I don't have the time to read it in the near future.

What is the smartphone with the longest manual out there btw?

Answers and Replies

Does it have to be published by the manufacturer? I find more than 50,000 hits on Amazon for books about iPhone.

1590083097970.png

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I prefer from the manfacturer. Also MATLAB has a long manual Mathematica and maple. I really should find time to read those. Years of sleepless nights, cheers!

You could probably pick up an IBM mainframe from the 60's/70's right cheaply. Roomsful of documentation, each and every one.

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
You could probably pick up an IBM mainframe from the 60's/70's right cheaply. Roomsful of documentation, each and every one.
I remember in the late nineties I really wanted to buy an sgi supercomputer but forgot about it. The computer has gone a long way since the sixties.

Svein
Science Advisor
Insights Author
I remember in the late nineties I really wanted to buy an sgi supercomputer but forgot about it. The computer has gone a long way since the sixties.
Even earlier - about 1980 the research center I was working for suddenly acquired (for free) a Data General (remember them?) computer with about 2k 16 bit core. After due consideration we decided to throw away the electronics (estimated worth: 0) and keep the cabinet (a nice 19" rack about 5ft high). Sic transit...

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Even earlier - about 1980 the research center I was working for suddenly acquired (for free) a Data General (remember them?) computer with about 2k 16 bit core. After due consideration we decided to throw away the electronics (estimated worth: 0) and keep the cabinet (a nice 19" rack about 5ft high). Sic transit...
How can I remember them if I were born in 1986?!
:-)