Little Nellie Newtons Force Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter jawo3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force Newtons
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
jawo3
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have to do the Nellie Newton Problems on this Page here:
Link!

We just started with Forces and I tried to solve the problems but I´m not completely sure if my answers are correct. If there are mistakes it would be nice if you could tell me why and what I did wrong.

Here are my answers:

1. 300N
2. 300N each
3. 150N each
4. 100N each
5. 150N
6. 100N


Thank you,
jawo3
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I agree with all except #6/F.

Perhaps if you explain your reasoning for that last one, I could give a hint that would help you out.

edit: PhanthomJay beat me to it.
 
Does 75N sound better?

If it's correct, I think I know what I did wrong. If I'm right I just have to divide the force twice by two instead of deviding it by three.

Otherwise please explain me how I can solve these kind of problems because our teacher did not.