Locus of a Point: Get Help Now

• B
  • Thread starter A dummy progression
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Point
In summary, the locus of a point is the set of all points that satisfy a given condition or set of conditions, representing the path or curve that a point follows when a specific rule or condition is applied. To find the locus of a point, one must determine the rule or condition and plot points to observe the resulting path or curve. The locus of a point has various applications in mathematics and science, including in geometry, algebra, calculus, physics, and genetics. Some common examples of the locus of a point include circles, parabolas, and linear equations. It can also be a straight line if the rule or condition is a linear equation.
A dummy progression
TL;DR Summary
How to find an angle equal to another when the lines forming the angles are movable
Screenshot_20220327-183710.jpg

IMG_20220327_184212_065.jpg

Could someone help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, for a start, I think "square ABCD" is meant to imply that the points A, B, C, D go in that order round the perimeter, so C is diagonally opposite to A.

Likes PeroK
It seems I am not the worst circle drawer in the world!

Also, I think "circumscribed square" means the square is outside the circle (its sides are tangents to the circle). What you have drawn is the inscribed square.

Likes martinbn, jim mcnamara and PeroK

1. What is the locus of a point?

The locus of a point refers to the set of all points that satisfy a given condition or set of conditions. It can also be thought of as the path traced by a point as it moves according to a certain rule or constraint.

2. How do I find the locus of a point?

The method for finding the locus of a point depends on the given conditions. In general, you can start by identifying the given conditions and then use algebraic or geometric techniques to determine the set of points that satisfy those conditions.

3. What is the importance of understanding the locus of a point?

Understanding the locus of a point is important in various fields such as mathematics, physics, and engineering. It allows us to describe and analyze the behavior of points and their relationships to other objects or systems.

4. What are some common examples of the locus of a point?

Some common examples of the locus of a point include the circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola. These are all curves that can be defined as the locus of points that satisfy certain conditions.

5. How can I get help with understanding the locus of a point?

If you need help understanding the locus of a point, you can consult with a math tutor, attend a workshop or class on the topic, or seek online resources such as tutorials and practice problems. It can also be helpful to practice identifying and graphing loci on your own to improve your understanding.