Logic & Derivation: Find Resources & Lessons

In summary, the individual is struggling with understanding a concept and is seeking resources to learn more on the topic. They have found a helpful website for logic and recommend reading Aristotle's "Logic's Little Words" for further understanding.
Miraploy
Blarg. I have no idea how to do this thing. Can anyone give me some good links so I can read up on it? Like lessons and stuff. Because my teacher is very inadequate.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/courses/log/deriv.htm

For logic, read Aristotle's "Logic's Little Words."

Miraploy said:
Blarg. I have no idea how to do this thing. Can anyone give me some good links so I can read up on it? Like lessons and stuff. Because my teacher is very inadequate.

I've TA's the logic, and this is a great course website. The lecture notes are very clear.

http://faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/120/LectureNotes.htm

1. What is logic and derivation?

Logic and derivation are two important concepts in the field of mathematics and computer science. Logic refers to the study of reasoning and the principles that govern it, while derivation is the process of deriving one statement from another using logical rules and principles.

2. Why is understanding logic and derivation important?

Logic and derivation are important because they provide the foundation for critical thinking and problem-solving. They are also essential for understanding and analyzing complex systems and arguments, making them crucial skills for scientists, engineers, and mathematicians.

3. Where can I find resources for learning about logic and derivation?

There are many resources available for learning about logic and derivation, both online and in print. Some popular options include textbooks, online tutorials, and educational websites such as Khan Academy or Coursera.

4. What are some common applications of logic and derivation?

Logic and derivation have a wide range of applications in fields such as mathematics, computer science, philosophy, and law. They are used to solve problems, design algorithms, create logical systems, and analyze arguments and theories.

5. How can I improve my skills in logic and derivation?

Like any other skill, the best way to improve in logic and derivation is through practice and exposure to different types of problems and concepts. You can also seek guidance from experts or take courses to deepen your understanding and develop your skills.