How Can I Improve My GPA and Move On?

• Thread starter UNEE0X
  • Start date
In summary: Your Name]In summary, the individual has faced challenges in completing their Pre-Engineering program due to personal responsibilities and work schedules, resulting in a low GPA. They are seeking advice on how to boost their GPA and move forward with their academic goals. Suggestions include meeting with an academic advisor, retaking classes, exploring online or summer courses, and highlighting relevant experiences. Despite past struggles, the individual is determined to succeed and with a solid plan, they can improve their academic standing.
UNEE0X
Hi everyone,

Six years ago I started community college in a Pre-Engineering program that would give me an Associates in Science when completed; however, that was the same year that I relocated and my son was born.
Long story short, up until 2010 I attended classes off and on while working unstable shifts. I have 24 or so credits to graduate;however, my GPA is well below 2.0 and now that I want to go back and finish I can't seem figure out how boost up my GPA besides staying in CC.

Has anyone had any success with rebuilding their GPA and moving on?

Thank you all in advanced.

Engineering news on Phys.org

Hi there,

I understand the importance of academic success and the challenges that can come with trying to balance education and personal responsibilities. I commend you for your determination to go back and finish your degree despite the difficulties you have faced.

There are a few things you can do to boost your GPA and improve your academic standing. First, I would recommend meeting with an academic advisor at your community college to discuss your options. They can help you create a plan to retake any classes in which you received a low grade and potentially replace them with higher grades. Additionally, they may be able to suggest specific courses or study strategies that can help you improve your performance in future classes.

Another option is to look into online courses or summer classes at your community college. These can provide a more flexible schedule and allow you to focus on one or two classes at a time, potentially improving your chances of success. Additionally, you could consider transferring to a different community college or university that may have different course offerings or a more supportive academic environment.

It is also important to remember that GPA is not the only factor that graduate programs or employers consider. Highlighting any relevant work or volunteer experience, as well as any extracurricular activities or projects, can also help demonstrate your skills and dedication.

Finally, don't be discouraged by your past academic struggles. Use them as motivation to work harder and succeed in the future. With determination and a solid plan, I have no doubt that you can successfully rebuild your GPA and achieve your academic goals. Best of luck to you!

Related to How Can I Improve My GPA and Move On?

1. What is the purpose of "Looking for another route"?

The purpose of "Looking for another route" is to explore different paths or options in order to find a better or more efficient solution to a problem or situation.

2. How do scientists determine when it is necessary to look for another route?

Scientists determine when it is necessary to look for another route based on the results of their research or experiments. If the results are not as expected or desired, they may need to consider alternative methods or approaches.

3. What are the benefits of looking for another route in scientific research?

Looking for another route in scientific research can lead to new discoveries, improvements in methods or technologies, and a better understanding of a particular topic. It also allows for the exploration of different perspectives and can lead to more accurate and reliable results.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to looking for another route in scientific research?

One potential drawback of looking for another route in scientific research is that it can be time-consuming and may delay the progress of a project. It also requires additional resources and may not always result in a successful outcome.

5. How can scientists effectively approach "Looking for another route"?

To effectively approach "Looking for another route", scientists should carefully evaluate their current methods and results, brainstorm potential alternatives, and conduct thorough research on those alternatives. They should also collaborate with others and remain open-minded to new ideas and approaches.