Looking for sites to get circuits, relays, ect

• Thread starter ThomasG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuits
In summary, the conversation is about finding a site with a wide selection of builder circuits and electrical components for someone interested in starting electronic projects. One person suggests doing a Google search for electronics kitsets and another person recommends finding a book with electronic experiments and guides for a more in-depth learning experience.
ThomasG
Hello all, I am looking for a site that will have A LOT of builder circuits boards and electrical components. I want to build projects and have nothing in mind but I would love to start a few projects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
do some google searching on electronics kitsets

you are sure to get a few sites to look at :)

Dave

I find the problem with kits is that the tend to take a very high level approach to introducing electronics. What would be of more benefit to somebody eventually aiming to design, simulate and test circuits while also developing knowledge of electronics is a book of electronic experiments.

For example one of my degree modules was 'Experimental Methods' and we would perhaps build a bridge rectifier circuit or a single stage transistor amplifier and draw waveforms or measure output voltages and compare them with ideal behaviour.

If there are any books that anybody is aware of with this kind of content i.e. electronic experiments with guides etc. then I would appreciate it if you would advise.

1. Where can I find reliable sites to purchase circuits, relays, and other electronic components?

There are several reputable online retailers that specialize in selling electronic components. Some popular sites include Digi-Key, Mouser, and Arrow Electronics. It's important to do your research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure the site is trustworthy and offers quality products.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a site to buy circuits and relays from?

When looking for a site to purchase electronic components, consider the site's reputation, customer reviews, shipping and return policies, and the availability of the specific components you need. It's also important to compare prices and check for any additional fees or taxes that may be added to your purchase.

3. Are there any specialized sites for purchasing circuits and relays for specific industries or applications?

Yes, there are many sites that cater to specific industries or applications. For example, if you're looking for components for automotive, aerospace, or medical applications, there are sites that specialize in selling components specifically for those industries. It's important to find a site that offers the specific components and quality standards that meet your needs.

4. Can I find circuits and relays at local electronics stores or do I have to buy them online?

It depends on the specific components you need and the availability of local electronics stores in your area. Some stores may carry a limited selection of circuits and relays, but it's likely that you'll find a wider range of options and better prices by purchasing online. You can also check if any electronics trade shows or events are happening in your area, as these are great places to purchase components in person.

5. What should I do if I can't find a specific circuit or relay on any sites?

If you can't find a specific component on any of the popular sites, try reaching out to the manufacturer directly. They may have a list of authorized resellers that carry their products. You can also consider contacting a specialized electronics distributor or reaching out to online forums for advice and recommendations from other professionals in the industry.