1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

LTSpice IV simulation speed adjustments

1. Jul 8, 2010 #1
    Hi everybody. how r u.
    i'm using linear technology's LTSpice IV to simulate my dc/dc switching power supplies. for that i'm using the chips from the same company. the problem is that when i simulate the circuit using LTSpice IV the simulation speed that it shows is only 25microsecond/s which is too slow and i have to wait for a lot of time for the simulation to end. when i searched examples given in this software such as "astable" the simulation speed there is 145milisecond/s which is very good. i have tried my best to solve this issue i.e. by searching every menu given in the software but could not find "simulation speed" button/form. please tell me how to adjust the simulation speed for my circuits.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 8, 2010 #2
    another thing that i noted in "astable" example that if i change the circuit slightly i.e. for example connecting a 200uF capacitor to the monitored output, the simulation speed shoots from 145miliseconds/s to hundreds of second/s as when the curve become flat. Does it conclude that simulation speed in "transient analysis" is curve dependent and can not be adjusted by will?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook